Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

ABS and TRAC lights on

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-09, 02:31 PM
Belement
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS and TRAC lights on

Alright so I've had my Check Engine light on and my Trac OFF light on which I found out was due to a cam shaft position sensor wire that was cut from my serp belt (Code 13). This wire is a shielded wire that costs $700 to fix at the dealer. I was gonna do it on my own after my trip. Well after driving for about 15 Hrs those lights stayed on but the car ran find. After I made a stop over night I got in the car to return home and besides those lights being on now my ABS and TRAC lights come on too, this is a 400 so it has the like that flickers TRAC when you lose traction. No clue on why these are on.

Alright I get home and started playing around with that shielded wire and separated the shielding and got the wire soldered and taped and the check engine light is now out, but the ABS, TRAC and TRAC OFF lights still remain on. Ive disconnected the battery for 20 mins and still had the lights on. Hopefully I did prove the dealer wrong by soldering a shielded wire but I wont know until I get the codes checked again. Any of you guys have a clue on what is happening or what I should do next. Thanks
Old 03-16-09, 02:45 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm having the same problem.. I have an SC300 tho.
During a certain project I had accidentally moved the distributor; but I set it back to where it originally was
(follow the dirt mark to know where it was, if this happens.) The car runs fine now.
However, I blew a fuse while replacing the horn, so hopefully its that; and not anything to do with the distributor issue..
I don't think it is tho.
So anyway, I checked the fuses under the hood, and the one blown is a Yellow 60A labeled ABS1.
I haven't replaced it yet tho.. So we'll have to see.

Check yours & lemme know..

Hope this helps!

Last edited by SEIDO; 03-16-09 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-22-09, 12:29 AM
HDSC300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'm also having the same problem with my 94 sc300, the engine,trac off, and trac light is on. I had my mech. look at the codes and i was told either the connector for the abs/trac ecu was faulty(loose wire, bad connect, or toasted), or the abs/trac ecu is faulty. I'm going to try and grab an ecu for cheap and see if that works b/c the trac off light was controlable by the button on the shifter and today it became inoperable. i could no longer turn the trac off light on and off. The trac light will appear every so offen. My check engine light was due to a egr passage way issue. when i check it out will let you know what i find out.