Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sc300 Turbo/GTE swap noob Questions..need some help

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-09, 04:38 PM
Fry
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc300 Turbo/GTE swap noob Questions..need some help

Hey guys. As you can tell I am new here, any new to the jz engine. I am curently in the market for a new project and the sc300 is one of my options. I am going to buy a completely stock one, with high miles most likely. I am in need of any information i can get about what steps I would need to take to make a fast/clean/reliable sc tt. I would also like to find out if Turboing/building a high mile engine is worth it , or if I should just go ahead and do a gte swap, and a good shop to do one at. I am sure there are other threads like this, but i could not find any. If any of you know about any, please post the url in here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks-fry
Old 02-25-09, 05:04 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

yeah could tell you were new by the title of this thread..... there's this magical thing called a search button that everyone uses (well maybe not everyone).

I don't mean to come down hard on you, but it is truly annoying sometimes. Welcome to the club, hope I didn't scare you too much
Old 02-25-09, 05:17 PM
Fry
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I have used the search. But all threads I have found just end with people saying "use the search" lol. I'll keep looking then.
Old 02-25-09, 06:41 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

i have found all my information for my swap using the search button. you just need to know what to type in. anyways i have a tt swap in my sc300. you have two choices.
either get an expensive GTE from a supra with all us stuff, harness,maf,6speed or auto, whatever you end up with. US gte has 550cc injectors steel blades on the turbo which alow you to run more boost and more agressive cams than the JDM that im about to talk about. your other option is to get an aristo motor which is a tt from the gs300 that was only made over seas. this one has 440cc injectors cermaic turbo fan blades. max boost you can run on those is about 17psi. you cant really push them. they also are weaker than the US turbo's. the aristo also has a slightly less agressive cams but ive been told here and there that its not even worth to swap over to us cams.your going to need a fuel pump upgrade, either a tt supra or a walbro. if you get the US swap you can use the US harness, maf and stuff like i said, but if you get a aristo you need to get the harness modded which is kinda expensive. but it runs off of a map instead of MAF, which is kinda nice. i had DR tweak do my harness. you can find him at pheonix tuning. there is no really step by step on how to get the harness to work on the sc300, everyone keeps it a big *** secrete and b/s, i just payed the 800 bux for my harness to get modded, with the aristo swap. you will also need a US water pump and housing and other misc little things, like stock GE motor mount brackets, your also going to want to start with a sc300 which will make life easier than with a sc400.hope this helps you. here is a pic of my swap. i drive my car everday with just BPU, its not super fast but its good enough for now. till i go single some day.
Old 02-25-09, 06:48 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After you get moved to the performance section, check my sig.

/thread.
Old 02-25-09, 07:42 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
After you get moved to the performance section, check my sig.

/thread.
..Moving...
Old 02-26-09, 05:56 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Which motor are you intrested in 1jzgte easier swap into a 300 'cheaper swap' 2jzgte more money a little more power where in florida are you located.
Old 02-27-09, 12:19 PM
Fry
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dew23
Which motor are you intrested in 1jzgte easier swap into a 300 'cheaper swap' 2jzgte more money a little more power where in florida are you located.
I was looking the 1jzgte...And im in Stuart Fl, a little bit north of West palm Beach.
Old 02-27-09, 12:37 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the best swap thread I seen in a while. I know there are others but this has a lot of pics and details.

You should thank him.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...pic-heavy.html