Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Car cranks but wont start.

Old 02-17-09, 03:38 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car cranks but wont start.

Well I've been having issues with my SC 300. It's really frustrating but hopefully this post can help me get it running again.

Car: 1992 SC 300 5spd
Mods: Walbro Fuel Pump

A while back my car started shutting off while driving, and I read on here that people were having issues with the fuel pump ECU. I wired a jumper to power the fuel pump and drove it for a little while without issue until it stopped starting altogether. I ordered a new fuel pump ECU, and installed it and it still would not start. I'm not sure if running the fuel pump with the constant 12v was good for it, but my car isn't running right now, and I'm about to replace my walbro with the stock fuel pump to see if I can get the car running like it's supposed to. I had a friend suggest my car's ECU could be the problem as well but I'd like to think it's a simple problem. Does anyone know or have an idea or suggestion as to what my problem is, what to check/look for, and how to get my car running again?

Thanks in advance! HELP!
Old 02-18-09, 10:12 AM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What have you checked? other then some fuel system parts.
Old 02-18-09, 10:13 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it possible the EFI main fuse is glitching out?
Old 02-18-09, 12:50 PM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man there is a list of items that can be going wrong. have you verified spark, disti plug, Have listened to see if there is any hum or noise when you turn the car on from the pump?
Old 02-18-09, 04:36 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I was in a hurry when I originally posted.

The fuel pump does not come on when the key is on, ignition off. I've replaced the EFI main relay, and i believe it to be satisfactory. What i'm wondering is if my Walbro fuel pump failed? Perhaps, it is just an open circuit from a faulty connection in the wiring. I'm going to put in the stock fuel pump and use my multimeter to see if i have voltage to the pump. If it does not start workin then i'm stumped - unless the fuel pump ECU i received is faulty too - or perhaps even the 2JZ-GE ECU.

My ignition / plugs / wires are fine AFAIK. i believe it might be a result of multiple problems related to the fuel pump, comptuer, and wiring so ill tackle it tomorrow and see what i can come up with.