Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aristo 2jzgte harness puzzle figured out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-10, 10:14 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by wanganstyl
good info! thanks for sharing Ali!!!

you should also be able to substitute DLI ignitors using the JDM/usdm tt ecu- you dont have to use the 1j/2j specific (hard to find and spendy) ignitor-

any ES300 or camary V6 (98+ i think, somebody double check) will have a DLI ignitor that out puts to 6 coilpacks
very good info, I too didn't actually buy the vvti ignitor (Part# DH61 , 3 coil outputs).
I have one from a 96 avalon (Part# DS62 , 3 coil outputs) cause they are dirt cheap and have the exact same outputs as far as I can tell. any of the v6 ignitors with 3 coils should get the job done with VVti coils.

Some v6 ignitors have 6 outputs (like a 95 avalon) and you will notice that it is actually the same ignitor as a 97 TT supra, and it will be expensive. these work fine for running TT coils.

I think its funny how toyota used a TT like ignition setup (all 6 individual coils of glory) on the 95 avalon, and after one year they ditched it in 96 for the wasted spark setup that lasted till 2004.

edit: just wanted to add its not a good idea to run TT coils with a vvti ignitor. TT coils = TT ignitor.
vvti coils you have more flexibility, as in running a TT igniter with a TT ecu or running a vvti igniter with a standalone..

Last edited by Ali SC3; 02-08-10 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-20-10, 04:56 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Match ignitor to coilpack, or in some instances ala LS1 coilpack conversion- they have intergrated ignitors.

the ecu is the determining factor; TT (jdm or usdm) ecu's have 6 spark control from ECU, bundling them all into 1 would be the way to adapt for distributor (which does the distribution mechnically), splitting paired rotational cylinders to waste sparks would be another way- split the 6 signals to 3 paired double sparking, waste spark seems to be very reliable as well.

BMW's have intergrated ignitors on their coilpacks, I'd like to see someone adapt these - it would be great because then no ignitor needed at all, bmw coilpacks are COMMON AS HELL!!!
Old 03-01-10, 03:15 PM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wanganstyl

BMW's have intergrated ignitors on their coilpacks, I'd like to see someone adapt these - it would be great because then no ignitor needed at all, bmw coilpacks are COMMON AS HELL!!!
yeah as long as you dont use the m54 e46 ones . They always go bad . maybe some s54 coils ?
Old 03-03-10, 07:28 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

M50 or M52 coils are chill all day- I dont know about M54, but I stay away from everything E46- too much plastic garbage sensors that fail. e throttle can go to hell.
Old 03-05-10, 10:22 AM
supra247
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, I have a 1994 gs300 with a ge harness and a 2jzgte with usdm maf.

option 1
resuse the ge harness and buy the nessecary connectors to use the jdm map sensor setup, and no need to buy leads, right(can i just depin and repin)? which ones do i need(1 ignitor, 6 coil plugs, which else)?

I think its the cheapest option and time consuming but worth it.

option 2
buy aristo harness for $200 and tranfer plugs to my ge harness.
costly and time consuming.

option 3
buy aristo harness for $200 and extend every wire, except which wires, which are shielded( knock sensor, oxygen sensor, crank sensor, which else)?

unheard of option 4

resuse the ge harness and buy the nessecary connectors to use the udsm maf sensor setup, and no need to buy leads, right(can i just depin and repin)? which ones do i need(1 ignitor, 6 coil plugs, maf sensor, which else)?

I think its the most time consuming, but worth it. I like this option the best, because I am told the maf sensor ,can sense boost better, after 14 psi, and the map sensor cannot compinsate, for the needed fuel.

What should I do?
Old 03-05-10, 04:43 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by supra247
Ok, I have a 1994 gs300 with a ge harness and a 2jzgte with usdm maf.

What should I do?
If you want to use the Ge harness you will need all the plugs that are different and you will need to run a seperate harness for the ignition because the ge uses 1 coil where the TT engine uses 6.
you may need to move the maf pin to the supra location (or map sensor) depending on ecu used.
may need heated O2 sensors off the top of my head.

If you can get a aristo harness for cheap you can use it for plugs and take it apart and make the ignition harness from it by extending the 7 wires from the ecu to the ignitor (and they will already have pins on em).
In fact if you put the ignitor on the passenger side and use the 12V and ground from the connector to the old 2jz-ge coil (not used anymore), you probably wont have to extend it at all.
who says the ignitor has to go on the drivers side?? waste of wire if you ask me.

that way you wont have to worry about making them from scratch and you will have all the plugs. The plugs arent cheap either so trust me its worth it to buy the whole harness if you have a TT motor. I paid 100 for 6 coilpack clips + wires, and the TT ignitor clip+wires off a 95 avalon (interchangeable with the TT). thats just the start of all the clips.. cam, crank, maf/map sensor, alternator? you get the point. you wont save much piecing it all together.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 03-05-10 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-05-10, 05:13 PM
jtamulis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have a gs300, just extend all the wires. even the shielded ones. It works VERY well, and you can sell the USDM harness easy to the guys on the supraforums for more than the Aristo harness would cost you.

EDIT: Use the ARISTO wiring harness. It's better than the supra harness anyway 8-).

Jeff
Old 03-05-10, 05:20 PM
jtamulis
Pole Position

to clarify:

If you have a GS300 (1993-1995), use the Aristo harness. It came out of that car, and all the plugs just drop right in and EVERYTHING works the first time. All my gauges work, transmission shifts perfectly, etc. All I did was extend my Aristo wiring harness one wire at a time. It's MAP based from the factory, so you don't need to buy a VPC to get it to BE MAP based! You can easily swap out MKIV injectors, an upgraded fuel pump and an apexi s-afc and tune 450+ easy. The US harness uses a MAF to help monitor air, and help pass emissions. ditch it. The Aristo harness just flat out works better. Its a very low hassle job.

5hrs maybe, one wire at a time. It's not difficult. Just takes time.

Jeff
Old 03-05-10, 06:45 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

^^^^ thats what i was thinking....
Old 03-29-10, 06:33 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

thats why I wrote this post and built a spreadsheet-

However, stock JDM ecu+ 550's and a safc or SAFC is a ****ty DD. dosn't run on clean idle maps, its really only good on closed loop WOT map.

Definately works though, JDM brain+Emanage ultimate 2jz+ .70 ar single +1.4 bar (street tires, pump gas) was good for 172mph pass on TX mile yesterday-

AFR is garbage for DD use though- part loading maps with piggyback systems = garbage.
Old 03-29-10, 06:36 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
] The plugs arent cheap either so trust me its worth it to buy the whole harness if you have a TT motor. I paid 100 for 6 coilpack clips + wires, and the TT ignitor clip+wires off a 95 avalon (interchangeable with the TT). thats just the start of all the clips.. cam, crank, maf/map sensor, alternator? you get the point. you wont save much piecing it all together.

ALi knows his stuff!

toyota price for 6 new coilpack connectors: 6x$18 =$108

$6 for the plug housing
$6 for each lead (u need 2 per)

toyota price for 1 ignitor plug with 28 pins = ~$28
wire leads w/ pins X28 - $168

you will also need a buttload of other little plugs, resistors, etc. the iginitor pack has 2 sidekicks that dont exist on a GE harness that need to be created, resistor pack for injectors and its related business (lots of wires and leads required), both cam angle sensor plugs, a crank angle sensor plug (as the GE is OG and does all things via OG distributor). if you plan on running the OEM sequential switch over setup, there are probably 4 solinoid connections to create, the O2 sensor setup connection will be different (and you will have 2x as many if you update from obd1->2), etc etc

this will add up FAST. Probably much cheaper to buy brand new OEM mk4 supra TT harness from toyota- COMPLETE

if you are thinking used parts will suffice- perhaps think again.

there are a reason so many complete OEM toyota 2jzgte harnesses from japan and usa are in so crappy shape- the wiring itself WEARS OUT.

plugs for coilpacks are the first to go, so is the cam/crank wiring, tps/injector wiring, etc etc.

Last edited by wanganstyl; 03-29-10 at 06:41 AM.
Old 03-29-10, 09:47 AM
rawfish
Pole Position

So what i you get a aristo engine with the aristo harness. Will you be able to use that harness in a GS300? with a aristo ecu?
Old 04-05-10, 01:16 PM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rawfish
So what i you get a aristo engine with the aristo harness. Will you be able to use that harness in a GS300? with a aristo ecu?

do not comprehend your question. this is the SC300/400 forum, if you are modding a GS300 perhaps go to that forum?
Old 04-05-10, 01:26 PM
jtamulis
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rawfish
extend the wiring and its a complete plug and play affair.

GS300 _IS_ a Toyota Aristo (just different side steering wheel)

You could buy a Toyota Aristo with a 2JZ-GE and Leather interior, in Japan, and with Lexus badges, it'd be exactly like the gs300 except RHD instead of LHD.

Jeff
Old 04-05-10, 01:31 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

and with a map sensor. can't forget the factory map sensor on jdm models (yes even the ge).
although i think some vvti's had a maf still.

Quick Reply: Aristo 2jzgte harness puzzle figured out!