Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aristo 2jzgte harness puzzle figured out!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-09, 11:42 PM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what do you mean? the ecu connects to the body harness in the normal places, those items will send signals to the cluster- thats how the GE does it, gte would it the same way.

i.e. if aristo ecu + jump harness = pnp into NA GE sc300, then the signals and everyrthing......should be same
Old 04-07-09, 12:14 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

Basically, what i am saying here:

your SC300 OEM 2jz-GE harness is very very similar to a JDM Aristo 2jz-gte wiring harness- It has differences in routing as explained above, and length (as commonly known)

It is easier to adapt your current wiring harness (that already runs the car, runs the fuel pump, sends info to the guages, etc etc than to make the JZS147 aristo wiring harness (that dosnt fit, dosnt communicate with your car) work directly.

one could also leave the entire 2jz-GE wiring harness installed in the car and remove the 2jz-GE, then install the 2jz-gte and graft in needed parts directly by T-ing in. (ignitor setup, crank/cam angle sensor, etc)
Old 05-28-09, 08:38 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

^^^ thanks for clearing that up. Im still in the process of researching everything and have a better understanding now how everythings connected. Im gonna be running the USDM M/T GTE ECU and most likely using a JDM GTE wiring and an sc300 wiring harness. Would yyou happen to know if the body plugs on ATX are the same as an ATX??
Old 07-11-09, 03:10 PM
Mr. BRM
Rookie

i wish i saw this before i bought that jdm 2jzgte harness.

QUESTION
we did a 2jz swap into an sc3 and it runs fine but the speedo doesn't work i'm hearing this is a common problem but in your write up i'm getting the impression that there is something wrong because it should work properly. which one is right?
Old 07-22-09, 01:43 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

good info, but just because you match up the same wires for the speedo doesnt necessarily mean the speedo is going to get the exact same signal. I mean it will be a speedo signal, but the level of the signal could be different (i.e. a higher amplitude or voltage).
people usually correct this at the gauge cluster by using a resistor.
also in the case of the soarer, if one uses a digital signal and another analog, a simple splice job will not do the trick.

as in the case with the newer supra ecus, some of them operate the fuel pump on a 5v signal instead of a 12v (just going off memory here so dont flame me if im off slightly).
It would be a good idea to use an ecu of the same year, and as close to possible as the same car. makes me wish i hadnt already gone aem.
Old 07-29-09, 08:40 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Excellent thread, thanks for doing the research and compiling all the data needed for this wiring. Once you have the wiring completed using this method, will any of the AEM versions be plug and play, or would they need minor changes or jump harnesses?
Old 07-29-09, 12:57 PM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

if you read through AEM's catalog and think about the title of this thread carefully, you'll figure out the details. if you are taking your car to a shop familiar with AEM, then the professionals will figure it out for you.
Old 07-29-09, 01:00 PM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mr. BRM
i wish i saw this before i bought that jdm 2jzgte harness.

QUESTION
we did a 2jz swap into an sc3 and it runs fine but the speedo doesn't work i'm hearing this is a common problem but in your write up i'm getting the impression that there is something wrong because it should work properly. which one is right?
why? you need the 2jzgte harness for parts regardless, unless you are going to dealer order them all brand new. gets very expensive very quickly, dealer wholesale on 6 injector clips, 1 ignitor plug, 2 vr cam plugs and 16 leads was ~ $106 with tax. spendy little clips.

my speedo was untouched, i used the sc300 spedometer, transmission, guage cluster, wired the speedo into the engine harness exactally as oem.

speedo worked a-ok happy.

tach required jumping R109 resistor, then worked.
Old 07-29-09, 01:02 PM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jadu
^^^ thanks for clearing that up. Im still in the process of researching everything and have a better understanding now how everythings connected. Im gonna be running the USDM M/T GTE ECU and most likely using a JDM GTE wiring and an sc300 wiring harness. Would yyou happen to know if the body plugs on ATX are the same as an ATX??
whats an ATX? austin texas? austin texas is AWESOME. party capital of texas FTW ATX!!!

if you are using usdm ecu, then just compile a similar spreadsheet to mine using USDM pinouts, add the AFM and deal with the eat poo (egr) and you are set. the usdm ecu is slightly different layout than JDM, pinout wise.
Old 09-06-09, 11:33 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I was wondering if anyone had more info on running an na-t on the TT ecu.
I have an AEM with a map sensor and iat all in the correct spots for a tt ecu, the only thing that seems different if I just plug in a stock TT ecu into my car instead is the ignition.

so basically if I want to run the stock distributor still and not go all out tt ignition ignotor&COP, would I have to rewire anything plugging in a stock tt ecu? would the distributor just work with the TT ecu and the na ignitor or a simple rewiring? any info would help, I am loosing my faith in aem...
Old 09-07-09, 12:37 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is more than that difference in running a tt ecu vs a na ecu one of which is timing controls which you already pointed out 2 the injector sizes... Your best bet is to sell it and get the na one aka the series 2 plug and play and use that for adjustments that would make your life a lot easier... however you can wire up the gte one...just more hassle I recommend that if you have more questions to contact justin nenni at www.tuningconcepts.com
Old 09-08-09, 02:27 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

i already have the tt aem in my car running pretty well, i just like the concept of a stock ecu better. I already rewired the map sensor to be in the correct spots on my harness for a TT supra, you only have to move 1 pin!!

I already have 550cc injectors and a 3.5bar map sensor, so with a JDM ecu for 440's and a 2.x bar map sensor i should be in the correct ballpark (i can swap to a gm 3bar to be on the money).

Im just wondering if there is a way to get the TT ecu with 6 coil outputs, to work with my ge ignition which has 1 coil output (exactly what the AEM is doing right now), without having to buy the whole gte ignition system.
The only person i know who has done it is bean, but his PM box is full on clubna-t.
I figure its as simple as tying in all the coil outputs into 1 line. if so i could rewire at the ecu and be able to swap out my AEM or TT ecu in like 30 seconds whenever i feel like it.
I guess i could buy a gte ignition system, but the dizzy works pretty well if you ask me..

**edit: found beans info: http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6588
ties in all the signals into one signal. I just hope it can still control timing effectively. i cant see why it wouldnt.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 09-08-09 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-09-09, 10:40 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

yeah, he went 6->1 to ign to power the dizzy, you could wire in coilpacks with built in ignitors (3 wires -ala subaru 2002+ wrx, bmw m50, etc) direct from aem to bypass having to deal with adding the expensive toyota ignitor setup.

OR you could use aem + mitsu v6 ignitor + toyota coilpacks some of the guys on na+t forum have sucess with that unit.

or LSx coilpacks with built in ignitors as well have been done-

you can interchange between:

COP, Waste spark style, Dizzy - as long as your ECU can handle the most detailed output setup (cop), you can mechanically adapt to simpler styles.
Old 09-09-09, 11:38 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

nice, thanks for the info. I don't want to run wasted spark really. LSx coils sound nice though, but eventually I will probably get the toyota ignition system

so I'm pretty sure im right in that all i need to do is the 6 to 1.
then I should be able to run the TT ecu with the dizzy (I can set my aem to run either way as you mentioned).

basically I was trying to figure out how us na-t guys can run a good stock ecu without having to upgrade everything. If its as simple as changing the map sensor to pin 62 and splicing 6 coil wires into 1, I probably would have never gone aem in the first place, then pay a bunch for tuning to get my car to just run properly. if your too lazy to upgrade injectors, all you need is an safc to get the job done with the TT ecu. Everyone should be doing this instead if it works properly.
Old 09-09-09, 12:56 PM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

pretty much, beans wiring adaptation +oem TT ecu (jdm or usdm) + NA-T with single would be easiest way to do it

Quick Reply: Aristo 2jzgte harness puzzle figured out!