Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aristo 2jzgte harness puzzle figured out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-13, 03:33 AM
p00rbob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2JZ in a MK3

first i would like to say thank you. i have been hot rodding and doing moter/trans swaps for many years, but i am very new to EFI swaps. Very different animal, but thanks to you guys,[and a few others] i have er running and driving. After my second blown head gasket in six mounths i was done with the 7M. And i had been on utube seeing what a 2JZ was made of, had to have one. tho i was making well into 100K back in 06 ive been doing much worse since then. i was able to trade for a drive train,ECU,harness,etc. from a wrecked 97300SCna. would have preffered a GTE,but...this is way better than a 7M. i whent in knowing very little about an EFI swap,that was the knowledge i stipped the SC with.now i know i should have started my homwork alot sooner. i got it in and running but it runs poorly,very rich and sucks gas like krazy. found i had a bad thermostate and i didnt have +going to heated o2sensors. also i didnt save the o2 behind the cats, in fact i dont even have the cats on. im wondering if thats my problem. i found one thread? talking about that but it was inconclusive.ive spent hours looking tru forems and cant find the answer. i know you guys arent fond of newbees or questons that have allready been answered. i swear ive tried...can someone please tell me do i have to have cats and the downstream o2 to get into closed loop fairly decent milage, and get rid of the burning in my eyes?
Old 01-18-13, 08:39 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

97 ge? It should be same as all others unless its vvti and 1998. Then it will be same CPs as is300
Old 01-18-13, 11:03 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

sounds like mass air problem to me, the secondary o2 is used for sheer purpouse of detecting converters health. I would take a wild educated guess and say no to needing a second o2 and def not needing a cat for a car to properly run.
Old 01-18-13, 03:41 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

96-97 sc you will need all the 3 o2 sensors.
Old 01-18-13, 06:33 PM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by p00rbob
first i would like to say thank you. i have been hot rodding and doing moter/trans swaps for many years, but i am very new to EFI swaps. Very different animal, but thanks to you guys,[and a few others] i have er running and driving. After my second blown head gasket in six mounths i was done with the 7M. And i had been on utube seeing what a 2JZ was made of, had to have one. tho i was making well into 100K back in 06 ive been doing much worse since then. i was able to trade for a drive train,ECU,harness,etc. from a wrecked 97300SCna. would have preffered a GTE,but...this is way better than a 7M. i whent in knowing very little about an EFI swap,that was the knowledge i stipped the SC with.now i know i should have started my homwork alot sooner. i got it in and running but it runs poorly,very rich and sucks gas like krazy. found i had a bad thermostate and i didnt have +going to heated o2sensors. also i didnt save the o2 behind the cats, in fact i dont even have the cats on. im wondering if thats my problem. i found one thread? talking about that but it was inconclusive.ive spent hours looking tru forems and cant find the answer. i know you guys arent fond of newbees or questons that have allready been answered. i swear ive tried...can someone please tell me do i have to have cats and the downstream o2 to get into closed loop fairly decent milage, and get rid of the burning in my eyes?
Toyota ecu is set to run pig rich (10:1 air fuel ratio) without functioning o2 setup

You will want to install all the o2 sensors pre and post cat

Cat is not needed for proper economy but 1997 is obd2 and the second o2 monitors cat efficiency.

Quite possible the o2 you are missing is the pre car o2 and therefore engine is being ran in safe mode (super rich).

Since the 2jz-ge you are using is obd2 there is one very easy way to tell what is wrong: use obd2 scanner and ask the computer why it's angry.

My aristo brain powered 2jzgte bpu was consuming fuel at ~11mpg with no o2 sensor connected.
Afterwards it was around 20mpg depending on how much fun I was having

Cliff notes: utilize your obd1 check engine light /obd2 scan function!!!! It's great and Toyota designed it to be easy to use
Old 03-22-13, 12:29 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

From my understanding, this is how I should wire. I don't need auto trans, so I guess I can get rid of those wires (DELETE 4eat +trac +vsv).

SAME
- No cutting needed, leave wires as it is, since GE and Aristo have the same pins on these

DELETE 4eat +trac +vsv
-cut these off, get rid of these for cleaner wiring loom/harness.

un-used
-cut these off, get rid of these for cleaner wiring loom/harness

Exchange/ pin
-De-pin Aristo wires and re-pin them to the GE harness
Old 05-19-13, 07:52 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JesLet
From my understanding, this is how I should wire. I don't need auto trans, so I guess I can get rid of those wires (DELETE 4eat +trac +vsv).

SAME
- No cutting needed, leave wires as it is, since GE and Aristo have the same pins on these

DELETE 4eat +trac +vsv
-cut these off, get rid of these for cleaner wiring loom/harness.

un-used
-cut these off, get rid of these for cleaner wiring loom/harness

Exchange/ pin
-De-pin Aristo wires and re-pin them to the GE harness
You got it, thumbs up to fellow BMW/Toyota fan!