Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

92 sc300 Running rich/poring smoke HELP????

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-09, 03:14 PM
wheels 2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 sc300 Running rich/poring smoke HELP????

Well here is what happened.I started my car yesterday and I haven't started it in about month or so.And it was missing and poring smoke out bad so i thought that it would clear out in a few minuets.So I let it idle for a little bit and then i thought maybe it would clear out when i started to drive down the road so i took it around the block and I started to give it some gas and it just kept on smoking until i got into high rpms then it stopped smoking but when i pulled back into my drive way it kept smokeing at idle and when i revved it up it still kept smoking it only stopped smoking when i was driving down the road at high rpm.So i looked under the hood to make sure that every thing was plugged up and ok.But by the time that i looked over everything it was dark so i went inside and i thought that i would check on here for answers but i couldn't find anything. And when i got home from school today i looked at my exhaust tip and i saw something that looked like gas.So i took my finger a wiped my exhaust tip and it's a small puddle of gas just laying there in my exhaust tips so i thought that it was from my car poring smoke out the back.When i started it back up today it smoked bad and when i smelled the smoke it it smelled like raw unburnt fuel so i thought to myself thats probably from the car missing.So I didn't know what to do.So now i am completely lost can someone please help me.THANKS

Last edited by wheels 2; 01-23-09 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-23-09, 07:25 PM
wheels 2
Pole Position

Can someone help me.
Old 01-23-09, 07:30 PM
jth3rd
Rookie

so it only miss when the engine at low rpm

my guess is injector problem

my resoning is, at low rpm one of your injectors are flooding the cylinder causing it to fouling out the plug.

and once your at high rpm your cylinder able to get a better afr and spark is able to finally light the fuel mixger.

but then again if my spell is this bad,
my resoning is probably wrong too

Last edited by jth3rd; 01-23-09 at 07:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-23-09, 09:25 PM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you checked for codes?

I had a similar issue with a different car, and it was the mass airflow sensor going haywire.
Old 01-24-09, 07:58 AM
wheels 2
Pole Position

Is there any way i could try to fix this problem without taking the intake manifold off or buying new injectors.Could i seafoam it just put a little in the gas tank.Or no my injectors are just toast.If i have to replace my injectors i am just going to wait and but a tt swap.THANKS

Originally Posted by jth3rd
so it only miss when the engine at low rpm

my guess is injector problem

my resoning is, at low rpm one of your injectors are flooding the cylinder causing it to fouling out the plug.

and once your at high rpm your cylinder able to get a better afr and spark is able to finally light the fuel mixger.

but then again if my spell is this bad,
my resoning is probably wrong too
Old 01-24-09, 09:55 AM
jth3rd
Rookie

i would try seafoam

p.s. do you know what cylinders are missing

Last edited by jth3rd; 01-24-09 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-24-09, 12:14 PM
wheels 2
Pole Position

No i which one are missing but i think i can find out.I tried to seafoam it.When it sucked through the vacuum line the car stopped missing for maybe 6-7 seconds then it started to miss again then i though that the mass air could be causing this but when i unplugged the mass air it ran a little crappier so i plugged it back in then i decided to call it a day.Then my dad noticed something under neath the car he said it was a puddle.So i get down there and look at the puddle and i thought to myself about my exhaust leak on the secondary cat pipe so i wipe my finger through the puddle and smell it and it's gas it was a fairly big puddle about 10x10 sized puddle.So now i am at a loss of what to do. So know i am slap out of ideas.Any more ideas.

Originally Posted by jth3rd
i would try seafoam

p.s. do you know what cylinders are missing
Old 01-24-09, 02:34 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wheels 2
No i which one are missing but i think i can find out.I tried to seafoam it.When it sucked through the vacuum line the car stopped missing for maybe 6-7 seconds then it started to miss again
Vacuum leak maybe? Fuel pump ecu messing up.
Old 01-24-09, 02:51 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe its just bad gas since it has been sitting for about a month.
Old 01-24-09, 05:20 PM
wheels 2
Pole Position

Well i know this might sound crazy but after i seafoamed it i went inside for about 2-3 hours and thought that i wound give it another try i started it up for a little bit and it smoked but this time it smelled like oil so i wiped my muffler tip and it was black oil so it stopped leaking gas through the exhaust and know its leaking oil WTF.Oh and i found out that my pcv valve from the valve cover to the intake was broken so i blocked it off and the car ran better but then i jimmy rigged it to so that it would work for now and the car seemed to run a little bit better but it still smokes and misses.

Last edited by wheels 2; 01-24-09 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-24-09, 07:38 PM
jth3rd
Rookie

thats weird
Old 01-26-09, 12:14 PM
wheels 2
Pole Position

well im fuc^ed
Old 01-26-09, 12:22 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Now that you have seafoamed it don't forget to change your plugs.
Old 01-26-09, 06:08 PM
wheels 2
Pole Position

I dont think i am going to worry about it i am just going to buy the tt swap in a little bit.
Because its takes to much work to change the spark plugs plus time witch time i dont have.
Old 03-27-09, 07:50 PM
OMD
Pole Position

any updates? i had the exact same problem with my sc400, it turned out that the injectors were stuck open, this was caused by a bad ecu.. what i did was open up the ecu and change out the leaking capacitors, them baam, fixed.. i heard others had the same problem with bad coils... eventually i will upgrade to an aftermarket EMS..

Quick Reply: 92 sc300 Running rich/poring smoke HELP????