Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

NOOB needs help and opinions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-09, 07:05 AM
BUSTN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOOB needs help and opinions!!!

Guys, I am picking up a project car, 1992 sc300 with a 2jz swap in it from a aristo . The harness is done, all that is left is a ssqv,radiator and exhaust from the downpipe back. The a/c from what i was told only needs a/c lines and a msd tach adapter for the tach. Now, my question is would it be more feasible to go single or keep it twin at this point. I have about $1000 to pay for the parts needed to finish. I have not priced a single conversion yet, so I was hoping those with experience would chime in. How much money would I need to go single with decent parts, nothing high dollar. Also, a parts list of whats needed for this as well. I am pretty new to all of this and need opions and input on this project. Thanks!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-09, 08:57 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just keep the twins. A decent single setup will run you at least 4k.
Old 01-14-09, 12:25 PM
BUSTN
Instructor

What kind of power will I be able to make on twins(stock)? I actually saw the car today and it's pretty rough, alot of time and money are needed to get it up to my standards.The interior is completely shot and it needs a front driver fender. I am on the fence right now and honestly don't know if I'll jump into this project.
Old 01-14-09, 04:46 PM
That-Guy
Pole Position

it's hard to say and it's hard to hear because there are guys that buy these beaters and turn them into amazing machines, but in all honesty, you will probably save money down the road and if not, i guarantee you there will be less hassle, fewer problems and you'll know exactly what you're dealing with if you wait and find a nice CLEAN, pristine, working car and build your own swap instead of buying somebody else's, when you build your own car, you know what parts are broken, what needs fixing and how you did everything before, when you buy a half completed project, you don't know how each part was done in the beginning and not so much the problem of something bad happening, but the hassle of figuring out what did and the unknown factor, i'd recommend saving and starting from a clean base