Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Made lots of changes, ignition woes ensue

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-09, 02:28 PM
AztecSN95
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Made lots of changes, ignition woes ensue

I have replaced a wide array of stuff in the motor of my 92 SC3, and before I get completely pissed and part out a second SC in 6 months, I wanted some opinions.

This car was wrecked and in unknown condition when I got it. Since then I ran through the motor, replaced all gaskets, added some ARP hardware, had the head freshened up, new belts, pulleys, etc etc etc. Anyway, the moment of truth came awhile back and I had no spark. I thought that it was old ignition components or the ECU from having polarity reversed on the battery compliments of my neighbor. So, I replace the ignition completely, and just replaced the ECU. Still no spark. I've checked and rechecked the body grounds, and I'm looking for aftermarket wiring for an alarm system or something that I missed. All fuses are good, connections are good, etc. The only thing I've deleted electronically is the EGR/VSV.

Is there something that comes to mind that I should double check? Factory ignition kill? Particular mounting point for aftermarket ignition cut off? This is distributor based GE - so I have no CPS to check...I'm all ears. Suggestions and info much appreciated. Thanks in advance.