Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need help quick, EMS for less than 6-700 hp?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-08, 03:18 PM
madmax98
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Need help quick, EMS for less than 6-700 hp?

Ok, i'm trying to decide how to run my engine now. Initially, i was decided on the Aem FIC 6 or 8, but ifound a good deal on Aem EMS. My question is: Is it really needed for my HP goals, <6-700 hp? Is the EMS that advantageous over the fic for such a HP level? I really to decide quickly on which direction to take. Btw, i will run GT35R, 1.87 mm HG, eventually 680cc siemens, and i have a VVT-i which will have a TT bottom soon....thnx in advance.
Old 12-27-08, 05:05 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by madmax98
Ok, i'm trying to decide how to run my engine now. Initially, i was decided on the Aem FIC 6 or 8, but ifound a good deal on Aem EMS. My question is: Is it really needed for my HP goals, <6-700 hp? Is the EMS that advantageous over the fic for such a HP level? I really to decide quickly on which direction to take. Btw, i will run GT35R, 1.87 mm HG, eventually 680cc siemens, and i have a VVT-i which will have a TT bottom soon....thnx in advance.
It's not needed but when you get it and learn how to use it will be great. I think Sound Performance makes VVTi harness adapter too if you need it.
Old 12-27-08, 05:11 PM
madmax98
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Eventually, i'm gonna push the envelope a bit, turn up the boost to get the most out of gt35r. Also, there's a possibility of running No2 on top of turbo, meth injection, intercooler sprayer, Knock monitor, exhaust cutout. So, i'm thinking i might benifit greatly from the extra output functions in the EMS, hopefully save money that way by not buying full kits with their controllers and just use the EMS. the car is being prepped for light road racing, with a lot oof supporting mods related to heat.
Old 12-29-08, 06:29 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

you really cannot compare the AEM EMS to a AEM FIC there is no comparison at all. EMS will control everything engine related where as the FIC will only control fuel and ignition.

in power sence, im running a AEM EMS from a 2jz-GTE (30-1100) on my 1jz and im only making about 366-370 on high boost with stock twins. is it really needed for me? no not at all but i like the fact that i have the control of the engine and any mod i want to do in the future( i will be doing a single turbo kit here soon, im going for quick spool so ill only have 500 ish hp) but i know no matter what my goals or plans i know my ECU will be able to handle it.