Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

soarer swap missing plugs on sc body

Old 12-15-08, 10:47 AM
drewdizzle
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soarer swap missing plugs on sc body

I got a front clip soarer but there is some fairly big differences in the wiring harnesses.

1) alternator plug of soarer comes off the body. On my sc it was in the engine harness.
2) o2 sensor plug of soarer comes off body. on my sc it was also on the engine harness.
3) the plugs that go right under the fuse box are different.
4) there is one more misc plug on the passenger side of the motor i am not sure what it goes to. it is 2 wires and small.

will I be ok if I pull apart the soarer body harness and try to mend it to my sc harness? I was thinking of just taking really good notes of where the wires are coming and going. then carefully pull apart my sc harness and mend the wires into the same places. or should I go the other way and try and mend the engine harness?

I think the body would be easier. but I have never done this before and am very intimidated. I am just hoping to get some useful advise.

thanks
Old 12-15-08, 11:18 AM
kevro
Pole Position

spent two days wire hunting, ended up buying another harness in the end. Either send the stuff to dr. tweak or leave it alone. It is NOT fun. ed my new uncut harness to the one I was making with the two......not even close, and i worked on it and found every pinoutt II could find.
Old 12-15-08, 03:17 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Sound like you got a 95 and up Soarer motor.
Old 12-15-08, 04:44 PM
drewdizzle
Pole Position

i guess thats better than a 92 right? and it doesn't have any trac BS. I think I can handle it. I am going to pull all the connectors and wires off the clip body. take note of where the wires ran to and just slap em on my sc