Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Hey! Wtf happen?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-08, 10:53 PM
tcd300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey! Wtf happen?!?!

OK so this what happen my car never gets at normal temperature so someone gave me some advice to change my thermostat so i did and i took off the egr also while i was at it. Doing so my car ran fine for a few days i can see the temperature heating up the car real quickly like the needle is right in the middle. Anyways i ran my car today and i came to a complete stop and right when i was about to drive my car shuts off right away.... my emergency blinkers didn't even work i was dumb founded to wonder what happen. so i open up my hood and i didn't see anything wrong with it so i ran back to my car and i hear my blinkers back on so i knew i had power back in my car and i cranked it and drove home slowly. Right when i got home i open up my hood i see green water on top of my radiator and then i saw white steam coming out from my breather "which is a little filter i threw in when i put on a custom intake" i was like WTF that never happen before why is there steam coming out of there so what i did was i open up the oil cap and looked at it the oil was fine but i saw steam coming out of there also. its like a very light steam coming out. So right now I'm very worried that i have a blown head gasket or a mess up radiator or something idk but I'm afraid to drive i rather not fix something that doesn't need to fix. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ton
Old 12-07-08, 11:16 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

did you check your oil dipstick to see if the oil looks milky? that would be one easy thing to check.
Old 12-07-08, 11:29 PM
tcd300
Driver

yeah i checked that also it was fine
Old 12-08-08, 12:15 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Might have developed a crack in your radiator or one of the hoses. I would check to see if any of your hoses are brittle and cracked.
Old 12-08-08, 07:38 AM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Get a coolant system pressure tester or take it to a shop and see if you have leaks in the system. If that doesn't show anything have a compression test down to see if and of your cylinder heads got warped. That should also be able to get for a popped head gasket. Steam does though come out even when you didn't have this problem it is crank case gases bouncing around in the valve covers. Do those tests to see if you have any issues.
Old 12-08-08, 07:20 PM
tcd300
Driver

i took it to a shop and found out the reason why steam coming out of the breather is because the person that installed my egr block off did not hook up a vacuum line from the engine to the intake manifold after he stuck those two together the steam went away but now my engine at park is revving really low and stupid it shakes also and then i see anti freeze on the radiator but i don't see a leak anywhere.