Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GTE Swap Cluster for >99 SC300

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-08, 03:58 AM
Shinbone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTE Swap Cluster for >99 SC300

I was wondering if someone has done a swap with GTE on 99 SC300 or newer?

The temp gauge cluster does not look the same as 93-98 models when you open it from the back to jump the two wires

I have followed the instructions from "swap manual" to have the wire go through resistor, if someone has more suggestions on resistor size please share, otherwise it still reads near the H area

Last thing, 99 models dont have return fuel line so i made one and drilled a custom fittings, but small crack, maybe 1/4 inch is making the entire car smell like a fuel tank, i heard there was a good sealant, anyone know what the name of it was? I tried typical sealents and krazy glues.

Any input will be great, thank you.

P.S. I had this swap done for almost 2 years and my car seems to be running best when i first start the car and having the coolant temp going near the middle, once it reachs norm temp at H, the car "seems" to be running less efficient, it can just be in my head.
Old 11-25-08, 08:15 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

your coolant temp should be at middle at all time. when you reach "H" is when the car is overheating. maybe your gauge is way off but if its not, and you keep driving in on "H" you will blow your HG.

as far as the gauges sorry i cant help. 98 and up SC's are retarded anyways...sorry. just so different from all the other years.

to seal up the fuel rail id say take it off and try some JB weld. the best way to would be to remove the fuel rail, wash it to ge fuel out, and braze it shut.
Old 11-25-08, 12:45 PM
Shinbone

To clearfy what I mean by the coolant temp. is that when you do the swap, it will read H, even though the temp is at normal operating. It's just a glitch in the swap process, as far as doing my research.

The fuel smell is coming from fuel return line, since 99+ do not have a fuel return line i had to make a custom AN fitting and doing so left a small leakage area in the rubber sealant.

Thanks for the reply though
Old 11-25-08, 12:54 PM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinbone
I was wondering if someone has done a swap with GTE on 99 SC300 or newer?

The temp gauge cluster does not look the same as 93-98 models when you open it from the back to jump the two wires

I have followed the instructions from "swap manual" to have the wire go through resistor, if someone has more suggestions on resistor size please share, otherwise it still reads near the H area

Last thing, 99 models dont have return fuel line so i made one and drilled a custom fittings, but small crack, maybe 1/4 inch is making the entire car smell like a fuel tank, i heard there was a good sealant, anyone know what the name of it was? I tried typical sealents and krazy glues.

Any input will be great, thank you.

P.S. I had this swap done for almost 2 years and my car seems to be running best when i first start the car and having the coolant temp going near the middle, once it reachs norm temp at H, the car "seems" to be running less efficient, it can just be in my head.
Fuel Return Swap On 99 SC300
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=374945&page=3
Old 11-26-08, 07:54 AM
Shinbone

Thanks for info! Your project looks great! I have a similar set up with BL Tranny and BL 67DBB, I really should consider taking my fuel tank and replacing it with 92-96 fuel tank.