Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

decisions desicions....

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-08, 09:53 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default TRD 4AGE ITB's on a 1JZGTE project

so...what do you think im going to do with the following parts.

1jzgte cylinder head

+

+

me having more time soon and full access to a race engine building shop

=

what do YOU think im doing?

btw those are TRD ITB's of the 4age Toyota Atlantic Motors. i know its a 4 cylinder but i have another pair coming. i will be making an adapter plate to bolt these on. and i have a huge box...or two of velocity stacks to choose from
also a huge veriety of injectors.

total itb setup cost to me: $75 USD...

Last edited by 5sp_jzz30; 12-01-08 at 03:00 PM. Reason: better name so more people get exposed to topic
Old 11-24-08, 10:01 PM
ekrebs
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucky you!!
Old 11-24-08, 10:15 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
what do YOU think im doing?

btw those are TRD ITB's of the 4age Toyota Atlantic Motors. i know its a 4 cylinder but i have another pair coming. i will be making an adapter plate to bolt these on. and i have a huge box...or two of velocity stacks to choose from
also a huge veriety of injectors.

total itb setup cost to me: $75 USD...
I'm gonna have to guess ITB's. That should be pretty tight. Not many people go that route. I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome.
Old 11-25-08, 07:52 AM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

very nice! i had a thread going on about people doing itb's on the 2jzge. your gonna have some massive acceleration. i wonder what numbers youll pull out for torqe
Old 11-25-08, 07:52 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You really are outta your fu***n MIND!!!!

that's going to be really crazy!
Old 11-25-08, 09:25 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

update: got my other ITB part. so now i got it for a 6cyl

Old 11-25-08, 12:45 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

If you're doin it more power to you. I'm glad to see other people moving into other routes with the 2JZ-GE. But I have to say that it has been done before and din't make much power at all. The engine made 270RWHP after extensive modifications. The price was well above the price of a Boost Logic stage 2 kit and well above the price of a 1JZ swap.

But I would love to see the finished product. I wonder how the spacing is between the ports. This would also make for a very sweet intake manifold lie the RB26. Wait. Now I just had an idea. PM me were you got these from.
Old 11-25-08, 06:12 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

subscribed... looks like its gonna be pretty sweet. I'm envisioning an GE motor revving to 9k after some cams etc. on that 1j head.
Keep us updated!
Old 11-25-08, 07:16 PM
1985zcar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a friend that would kill for these, if you're able to get more for cheap and wanna hook my buddy up, PM me. haha looks like you're gonna be doing some sick stuff.
Old 11-26-08, 04:30 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
If you're doin it more power to you. I'm glad to see other people moving into other routes with the 2JZ-GE. But I have to say that it has been done before and din't make much power at all. The engine made 270RWHP after extensive modifications. The price was well above the price of a Boost Logic stage 2 kit and well above the price of a 1JZ swap.

But I would love to see the finished product. I wonder how the spacing is between the ports. This would also make for a very sweet intake manifold lie the RB26. Wait. Now I just had an idea. PM me were you got these from.
i know it has been done. thats not the reason im doing it. it is not expensive for me to do because i work at shop that builds racing engines. my boss did toyota atlantic 4age motors since 1988(back in the day they were carbureted).

Originally Posted by CCC-TT
subscribed... looks like its gonna be pretty sweet. I'm envisioning an GE motor revving to 9k after some cams etc. on that 1j head.
Keep us updated!
speaking of doing more revs. i got a full set of TRD dual valve springs and titanium retainers. they are made for the 4age but they are a very close fit for the 2jz or 1jz head. with some light machining on the serdi head machine i can make them work. btw i think those will be free too.

the atlantic 4age motors revved 9500 but i have seen them do 10500 all day without valve float.

i have a lot of random TRD valves as well. the TRD 4age intake valves are a bit smaller then the 2jz exhaust valves. i think i can upgrade those and then find some bigger intake valves. i can remember if the 2jz and 4age have the same valve stem size. i believe they are the same at 6mm but if they are not i can replace the guides and make it work.

Originally Posted by 1985zcar
I have a friend that would kill for these, if you're able to get more for cheap and wanna hook my buddy up, PM me. haha looks like you're gonna be doing some sick stuff.
actually im kinda of upset about the whole situation. my boss had 3 4age ITB setups and he threw out 2 of them. that is why i had to go find an extra ITB setup.

he is 70 years old and retired. hes looking to sell the shop and did some "cleaning". un fortunately he threw out 2 fully race ported atlantic heads and 2 ITB setups. he kept one and hes giving it to me.

BTW PEOPLE...WHY IS EVERYONE THINKING THIS IS GOING TO BE N.A.?
Old 11-27-08, 06:57 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
BTW PEOPLE...WHY IS EVERYONE THINKING THIS IS GOING TO BE N.A.?
after having seen the sr20 you made i know there was no way it would be na
Old 11-27-08, 07:00 PM
1985zcar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha damn that sucks. well I'm excited to see this happen.
Old 11-27-08, 08:28 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

update. i did the measurements on the ITB port spacing and the 1jz intake port spacing and they are very close. the 4age ports are wider but they are same height.

i tried to take pictures but my camera isnt that great and the flash just screws it up.

i started to make a 3D model in PTC wildfire Pro-E software.

the adapter flange will be about 1" thick. i think i will port the 1jz head to its max potential.

im done with school in 2 weeks so i will have time to actually make it. for now i have to concentrate on studying and finals.
Old 11-29-08, 05:01 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

here is some craptacular pics of the itb's and a 1jzgte head.

i tried to take the pics of the inside of the manifold but they didnt turn out well.

the port height is same on the 4age and 1jzgte. the 4age ports are wider but they are made for a full race motor. when im done with the 1jzgte head it should have wider ports and will be almost a perfect match.

the adapter is mostly just to adapt from 1jzgte bolt pattern to the 4age itb bolt pattern

no more ranting and some pics:

as you can see the port is same height but narrow...for a short time

so should i have the injectors and fuel rail on top or the bottom? if i mount it facing up then you will see the nice "TRD" casting mark

so this

or this
Old 11-29-08, 05:26 PM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

i think it would make more sence to have the fuel rail on top. [ direction of flow is with gravity?]

looks really interesting!

Quick Reply: decisions desicions....