Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Ahhh Help!!!!! Tranny swap problem

Old 11-15-08, 09:13 PM
DKNY0331
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ahhh Help!!!!! Tranny swap problem

My tranny 2nd gear is gone but it somehow engine breaks in it.. the tranny pump is pushign below specs and 1st gear runs till redline.. and sometimes bucks once .. and sometimes you can hear a wistle liek air escapeing the vent tube for tranny.. anyway enought said about that i just wanted to replace the tranny now since ive been drivin liek that for 2weeks cuz im so busy with work and college.. had a cvhance today and i had the tranny out of my JDM 2jzgte motor wich came with an auto.. i belived this tranny was the same as the sc300 but i gues not.. i unbolts the exhaust as one unit somehow all i disconnected was the manifolds and pulled it out.. removed the driveshaftand somebolts form the tranny bell housing.. i want to continue and just change the trannys auto to auto but the driveshaft wont go inside the new tranny cuz it has a rubber spacer bolt on flange.. the old tranny all you did was slide the driveshaft into the tail of the tranny.. so im stuck i dont want to if i absolutly have to put everythign backtogether and use the car on that old tranny until i break on the thruway. i herd that i need a sc400 driveshaft?>?? but do i need the whole 2 peice set or can i change the driveshaft intput flange for one of the sc400 to bolt on? idk and if thats the case does anyone have one i cna buy and ship fast. its staurday night now and i need this done since i dont have a spare car, other then might borrow for a day a friends.... Thanks Guys