Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

GTE swap rebuild thread into SC300

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-12, 06:49 PM
Sciller
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MEGABUILDTHREAD! Read this from first to last .....great info and build slappy! Any thoughts on a manual swap? Any vids!?!? Thanks for this thread man...great motivation for me!
Old 02-12-12, 12:27 PM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sciller
MEGABUILDTHREAD! Read this from first to last .....great info and build slappy! Any thoughts on a manual swap? Any vids!?!? Thanks for this thread man...great motivation for me!
Few different thoughts and I'll throw em all into one post.

The exhaust is 3 incn from downpipe to the y, then 2.5 inch to dual magnaflows. I picked magnaflow and tips to match the stock look as closely as possible...just beefier. It turned out awesome. Sounds similar to stock just more. That's at idle. At full grunt, she sounds like a Merlin engine from a P-51D. Very happy.

That's the good news. Bad news is that my beautiful wife just backed into the car in the driveway! I needed a new left headlight anyway lemonade out of lemons right?

In response to code 42 post, I have never been able to resolve it. Doesn't affect the trans and I've even had it rebuilt. I have not replaced the speed sensor but I don't think that is the issue. I have tried the cluster wire splice to no avail. It is my only lingering issue since the swap. Wish I could help more.

Pictures and video of exhaust will come, things are just a little out of sort with two cars that need to go to the body shop now.

Thanks for the kudos on the swap. Incidently, I have a LOT more pictures from the swap. Would anyone have interest in me adding more to this thread?
Old 02-12-12, 05:51 PM
Sciller
Driver

More swap pics!!!....100%!!!!
Old 02-12-12, 06:53 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey slappy, 2 questions. 1 what part of ne are you located?? and 2 is a f-18 a generation 5 fighter jet or a gen 4??
i know the f-22 raptor is a gen 5.
Old 07-02-12, 07:12 PM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Default New Magnaflow Exhaust update pics/vid

Better late than never update...

New pics of the magnaflow exhaust and also some cool shots.
Magnaflow mufflers and 3 inch piping all the way that Y's about the midpoint.

Just got finished putting a new motor/regulator in for the passenger window (#3) $$$!

Tips

Tips

Tip

3 inch all the way

Rear view

An icon

Old 07-02-12, 07:24 PM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Default Exhaust video link 1 (Idle)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/slappy9...n/photostream/
Old 07-02-12, 08:07 PM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Default Exhaust video (link 2 start and rev)

Sorry for the focus stuff toward the end. I was trying to use my Nikon at too wide of an aperture.

Comments on the sound welcome.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/slappy9...n/photostream/
Old 07-03-12, 02:31 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

nice sleeper look to it! What model mufflers are those? and on a scale of 1-10 (10 being loud as hell) how loud is it while driving around town and on the highway? been debating on going back to a dual setup
Old 07-03-12, 07:09 PM
slappy96
Lead Lap

12578 Just stainless universal Magnaflow. I honestly don't know the tip model number. Just did it by sight for what looked as close to stock as it could.

Loudness...1 to 10 I would give it a 5. It doesn't drone and yet it definitely lets you know it's not stock. Exactly what I was going for. I'm sure it would be a different tone with a single turbo.

The twins are still audible through the burble.
Old 07-03-12, 10:07 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very well done Slapppy!! I was a EA-18G Mech for the past 4 years, gotta love the Hornet!! Before that I was a EA-6B Mech for 10 years. Ughh I hate the Prowler...LOL. I just completed my Aristo 2jz-gte vvt-i swap in my 98 gs300. I also have a build thread in the 2nd Gen performance section. I do have a question for you, where did you get the Aristo power steering Reservoir?
Im currently using one from my old s13 and even though it works, its kind of ugly and does not sit right. Once again, Job well done!
Old 07-04-12, 12:04 PM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS300LUV
Very well done Slapppy!! I was a EA-18G Mech for the past 4 years, gotta love the Hornet!! Before that I was a EA-6B Mech for 10 years. Ughh I hate the Prowler...LOL. I just completed my Aristo 2jz-gte vvt-i swap in my 98 gs300. I also have a build thread in the 2nd Gen performance section. I do have a question for you, where did you get the Aristo power steering Reservoir?
Im currently using one from my old s13 and even though it works, its kind of ugly and does not sit right. Once again, Job well done!
Supra TT pwr steering reservoir. Got it from Curt Aigner on SF (Elmhurst Toyota, IL) Part number is:

44360-24042
Costs more than it should.

How was working on the Growler? I miss the hornet bad. Not really the life, but the flying.
Old 09-04-12, 02:42 PM
ksrnumber1
Driver School Candidate

My car had the same codes come up, I replaced the abs sensor on the front driver which broke inside and rusted. I had to scrape the rust out but it finally came out. I called local parts store and the sensor was $233.00. I went to the junk yard the next day, and found one in great shape. I picked it up for 10. Bucks. I disconnected the battery while I installed the new sensor, so it would reset. Haven't had the codes since. I know the code doesn't call for that sensor on these cars but I found some information on a Toyota site that pointed to it. And it worked for me.
Old 09-04-12, 02:48 PM
ksrnumber1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2jslick
sorry to jump on here just trying to find a few answers hope maybe some one in this thread can help.. anyway my question is how do i fix the vss on 01 gs300? its got a jdm 2jzgte vvti and the check engine light is on it gave me code 42 for the speed sensor but i dont know what i have to do to fix it i have read on here somewhere someone talks about a wire behind the odo..any help is appreciated thanks
Sorry I meant to give reference in my previous post.
Old 09-05-12, 05:28 AM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Really. I don't understand what leads to abs sensor given that code. Very interesting and thanks for the info.
Old 02-23-15, 08:44 PM
2jzghost
Driver School Candidate

Default sc300 2jz swap

hey man need your help i'm doing this swap and need help if you change phone number that be good
what year supra waterpump chould i used plz

Quick Reply: GTE swap rebuild thread into SC300