Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

soarer body plugs not there

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-08, 09:04 PM
kevro
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soarer body plugs not there

So my motorset comes in, everything looks good. The body plugs are all cut off. Ecu plugs are all there.
Beyond the point where the whole harness enters the car there is a Y and one set of plugs goes to the ecu, the others should go to the body. This Y is where the leg going to the body plug is cut off. The seller gave me some money back. However. I gotta wire it now.
The engine is in my buddies garage. The car is out front and running until i start hacking up the harness. im trying to determine whether or not the colors on the jdm harness will be the same as the colors in the american harness( body plug to body plug) so i can cut them out of the american harness and hook them color to color.
I also need to know from those who have done the extension of the soarer harness how long from this "y" intersection to the body plugs is? I know if it was complete to extend by 21" but how long is it total after extension since im missing some.
Lastly, I have several 1jz swap threads bookmarked and all of them refer to not cutting the ecu plugs and extending, and an equal number say it has to be done. If you dont extend the ecu plugs what is the problem? I would prefer to connect my body plugs to the jdm harness and plug it up if i can (obviously) . But to those saying you MUST extend the ecu plugs, why?
And to those who didnt do this step, how? ecu not in factory location?
I know its long winded and there are probably 60different posts out there that kinda sorta address some of this stuff but dont have a final answer.
BUT i also know that someone knows these answers and someone HOPEFULLY has the ecu pinouts?
thanking you in advance,
Kevin
Old 11-13-08, 07:03 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kevro
So my motorset comes in, everything looks good. The body plugs are all cut off. Ecu plugs are all there.
Beyond the point where the whole harness enters the car there is a Y and one set of plugs goes to the ecu, the others should go to the body. This Y is where the leg going to the body plug is cut off. The seller gave me some money back. However. I gotta wire it now.
The engine is in my buddies garage. The car is out front and running until i start hacking up the harness. im trying to determine whether or not the colors on the jdm harness will be the same as the colors in the american harness( body plug to body plug) so i can cut them out of the american harness and hook them color to color.
I also need to know from those who have done the extension of the soarer harness how long from this "y" intersection to the body plugs is? I know if it was complete to extend by 21" but how long is it total after extension since im missing some.
Lastly, I have several 1jz swap threads bookmarked and all of them refer to not cutting the ecu plugs and extending, and an equal number say it has to be done. If you dont extend the ecu plugs what is the problem? I would prefer to connect my body plugs to the jdm harness and plug it up if i can (obviously) . But to those saying you MUST extend the ecu plugs, why?
And to those who didnt do this step, how? ecu not in factory location?
I know its long winded and there are probably 60different posts out there that kinda sorta address some of this stuff but dont have a final answer.
BUT i also know that someone knows these answers and someone HOPEFULLY has the ecu pinouts?
thanking you in advance,
Kevin

Kevin, i never extended the ECU plugs on my 1jz swap. if you don't do that then the ecu will not sit in factory location and it will be really just jammed up into the dash.
Old 11-13-08, 11:43 AM
kevro
Pole Position

is there any downside to this? gonna create problems?
kevin
Old 11-13-08, 04:52 PM
crx378
Pole Position

if you ever try to add to the harness, vpc, emanage, ect. you will run into problems. not so much problems as more a headache
Old 11-13-08, 05:44 PM
kevro
Pole Position

anyone ahve a soarer 1jz harness uncut that has not been installed yet?
Kevin
Old 11-16-08, 12:55 AM
kevro
Pole Position

no one ???? pinout or wiring diagram for the two??? any information about the colors jdm soarer to usdm body plugs?
Kevin
Old 11-16-08, 08:24 AM
jefferino
Lead Lap

I have my ecu wrapped with heat wrap and under the hood where the charcoal canister used to be.

No problems for me...

Your body plugs being cut off is going to be a task to determine which goes to which on your car...also you will now need the connectors which are pretty darn hard to find. Looks like you will have to cut them on your current motor and splice them in.
Old 11-16-08, 10:24 AM
kevro
Pole Position

i was anticipating cutting the plugs from current harness and splicing into soarer harness, i cant find any piun diagrams or color codes for either. anyone point me towards these?
Old 11-16-08, 10:54 AM
jefferino
Lead Lap

If I wasn't cleaning up from a broken freezer I would try to help you search...here use these other sites maybe you can find the information you are needing.

www.clubna-t.com
www.soarercentral.com (aussie site but guys are very nice and helpful)

Good luck, sorry can't help more...