Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

AC deletion???

Old 11-04-08, 02:07 PM
ekrebs
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question AC deletion???

Hi, ive tried searching and i cant find anything with a DIY on deleating the AC system in the SC300!

Anyone know if there is a DIY?

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!
Old 11-04-08, 03:54 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

easiest - remove the r154a from the condensor(but you're supposed to have a shop do this...)

I'm guessing you want to do it for weight, just look as how everything is bolted on. The compressor will be the biggest PITA to get to, and if you have the underbody plastics, there shouldn't be much fear of anything getting way up to the cabin inlets.
Old 11-04-08, 05:22 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easy task,just remove everything that is ac related.The compressor is easy too.I should have done diy but i was changing the head gasket,didnt have time to take pics.
Old 11-04-08, 08:21 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

i just remembered why i didn't do the compressor...

did you size up a new belt or what?
Old 11-04-08, 08:24 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

driftmotion.com has a belt you can buy. Thats where i got mine email them about it.
Old 11-04-08, 09:39 PM
ekrebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ConSynX
i just remembered why i didn't do the compressor...

did you size up a new belt or what?
So do i need a new belt? what about pulley? Thanks
Old 11-04-08, 09:40 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

as far as the belt goes you can get one from napa. they sell universal belts in all different sizes and widths. take measuring tape and go around all the pulleys like you should and give that measurement to NAPA. buy 3 or 4 belts each one being a few inches longer and shorter of your measurement. this way you can get the one that fits best and return the rest. the belts at napa are good stuff, usually gates ones. they are cheap too. i had to get shorter belts when i was doing accessory deletions on my sr20. the belt ran me less then 10 bucks.
Old 11-04-08, 09:50 PM
ekrebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
as far as the belt goes you can get one from napa. they sell universal belts in all different sizes and widths. take measuring tape and go around all the pulleys like you should and give that measurement to NAPA. buy 3 or 4 belts each one being a few inches longer and shorter of your measurement. this way you can get the one that fits best and return the rest. the belts at napa are good stuff, usually gates ones. they are cheap too. i had to get shorter belts when i was doing accessory deletions on my sr20. the belt ran me less then 10 bucks.
anything else i need ? like a pulley kit or something along those lines? Thanks
Old 11-04-08, 09:58 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

if you delete the ac you should be fine. the belt when tensioned should not interfere with anything. just pop the hood and look. the belt goes over the PS pulley down to the AC and then the crank pulley if i remember off the top of my head. if you delete the AC just draw a straight tangent line from PS to crank. it should not interfere with the tensioner.
Old 11-05-08, 07:41 AM
ekrebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
if you delete the ac you should be fine. the belt when tensioned should not interfere with anything. just pop the hood and look. the belt goes over the PS pulley down to the AC and then the crank pulley if i remember off the top of my head. if you delete the AC just draw a straight tangent line from PS to crank. it should not interfere with the tensioner.
Do you have a belt diagram?? what do you mean by a tangent line? Thanks again 5sp_jzz30!
Old 11-05-08, 08:07 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

for belt just grab a belt from a 2000 audi a4 2.4l thats what i used on my car and it fit like a dream!
Old 11-05-08, 08:09 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

i found this picture online when searching google(best thing ever invented )

this is what im talking about
Old 11-05-08, 08:23 AM
ekrebs
Lead Lap

Is that a custome bracket on the intake side? would i need something like that as well? Thanks
Old 11-05-08, 08:59 AM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

wow, this thread exploded...

and easier way to measure is to use string...running it along the pulleys like a belt, and then just measure it after marking it...also, a BIT less to allow for pulley tensioner.

Pulley kit unnecessary, as you are ridding of the compressor completely...if you want to change others while you have the belt off, your choice.

I'd guess that the engine rotates so that the tensioner pulley gets the inital torque of the crank(rotation direction), so that cusom bracket should not be necessary either. But this is just an educated guess on how one would want to control the tension, and the looks of angle change from the new belt angles.
Old 11-05-08, 09:31 AM
ekrebs
Lead Lap

when i remove the compressor pulley wont the belt hit on the tensioner side?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AC deletion???