Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

LOTS of problems HELP, PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-08, 12:34 PM
Twisted99
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LOTS of problems HELP, PLEASE

Here is the list of what is wrong with my wife's 95 SC400 now. CEL is on (code 27), HEAVY steering, ABS light is on, will not shift out of park without using the override, AC blows cool/warm. Trac light has gone off now. All of this has happened since I took out the IAC and cleaned it. Before I cleaned it no ABS light, could shift out of park, and the steering was normal, and the trac light was on. Am I looking in the right direction at the IAC? I don't see how an o2 sensor (code 27) could be causing all these problems. ANY help would be appreciated.
Old 10-18-08, 03:51 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car is running like garbage just because you cleaned the IAC? I think you should replace the 02 sensor and then see if the issues persist. The check engine like would turn on along with the traction light because the computer doesn't know what to believe. The shifting out of park could be a cable linkage issue. The A/C could be low on refrigerant. You might have left something loose and it caused all of this mess. It could be a matter of occurnace. Where in Florida do you live cause i could possibly help you out.
Old 10-19-08, 02:43 AM
Twisted99
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SHOLEXMAN
Your car is running like garbage just because you cleaned the IAC? I think you should replace the 02 sensor and then see if the issues persist. The check engine like would turn on along with the traction light because the computer doesn't know what to believe. The shifting out of park could be a cable linkage issue. The A/C could be low on refrigerant. You might have left something loose and it caused all of this mess. It could be a matter of occurnace. Where in Florida do you live cause i could possibly help you out.
No the car "runs" fine, idles, starts like normal, it did have some stalling issues when coming to a stop, but that seems to have stopped. I was able to shift out of park before I cleaned the IAC, soon as put it back in the car, no go. The ABS light was NOT on before, so I'm thinking that has something to do with the trans lock. AC could be low I will check when I get a new gauge this week. I am in Port St. Lucie
Old 10-24-08, 04:58 AM
Twisted99
Driver School Candidate

Default Now we have power window problems...

I get back from AZ yesterday, (car has not been driven since last weekend) and go to drive to work, and NEITHER window will go up. This OBVIOUSLY has nothing to do with the AIC, that I thought was bad. Should I be looking for an electrical problem causing all of this? Bad alternator maybe?
Old 05-04-11, 08:28 PM
crazyman42
Driver School Candidate

I have the same problem wat did you do to fix this, if you were able to.
Old 05-08-11, 12:26 PM
kdick91
Driver

I know this sounds obvious, but check EVERY fuse and BULB. I do realize these cars are different, but on my Trans Am, if the 3rd brake light goes out, the car has WEIRD issues. Plus, fuses and bulbs are easy and cheap. I'm willing to bet you left something unplugged, accidentally shorted something, or just did something small. I don't believe you have any major issues. Hope this helps.
Old 05-10-11, 07:17 PM
crazyman42
Driver School Candidate

This isn't really helpful but my car was doing the same thing urs did qfter I cut out the phone. I checked every fuse aand wire then It just magically fixed itself and started working. So I don't know if its is some kind of security issue or the ecu not reading right. Good luck