Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

(NEED HELP) Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-08, 04:56 PM
ScSlide
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (NEED HELP) Rebuild

i currently own a stock 93 5spd sc300 2jz-ge

approx. 160k on the motor and truthfully dont know that much else about the whole thing

im going to try to do most things myself and getthe learning experience but i dont even know where to start

someone help me out pllleasseee

should i go na or go gte?
Old 10-07-08, 05:26 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Well since its totally stock, you can do a lot of the supporting mods before you jump into FI to better learn your car.

Suspension (All components, not just shocks and springs)
Exhaust
Engine Stuff (radiator, hoses, belts, pulleys)
Lighting
Supporting interior parts.

The NA-T or GTE question is so heavily covered here on this forum, don't expect a lot of responses. Everyone has an opinion and its been covered far too much. Search
Old 10-07-08, 08:45 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ScSlide
i currently own a stock 93 5spd sc300 2jz-ge

approx. 160k on the motor and truthfully dont know that much else about the whole thing

im going to try to do most things myself and get the learning experience but i dont even know where to start someone help me out pllleasseee
should i go na or go gte?
Depends on how much you are willing to spend and if it is going to be a DD. If it a Daily Driver go NA cause you want something reliable. If not a DD go Turbo so you can have some fun with it. With that amount of mileage I think you should rebuild the NA and not go turbo. Cost would be less and there would be less down time of not driving it. Thats my opinion.
Old 10-07-08, 09:53 PM
ScSlide
Rookie

it WILL be used as a daily driver as of now but then again i do want to go turbo....

only mods are hid's and 19" Konig appeals
Old 10-09-08, 02:26 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Another thing if your new to working on cars which i am guessing yes. Do the simple maintenance items first. Then once you get enough knowledge about the simple things then look into boosting it. Cause you should have some kind of area $$ wise on what your going to spend. Just make sure the maintenance items are done first simple as that.
Old 10-10-08, 08:02 AM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DasBach
Well since its totally stock, you can do a lot of the supporting mods before you jump into FI to better learn your car.

Suspension (All components, not just shocks and springs)
Exhaust
Engine Stuff (radiator, hoses, belts, pulleys)
Lighting
Supporting interior parts.

The NA-T or GTE question is so heavily covered here on this forum, don't expect a lot of responses. Everyone has an opinion and its been covered far too much. Search
Don't forget the brakes too can't go fast without the power to stop it all.

If you want a reliable daily driver with some boost the 2JZ-GTE with stock twins is a good setup (coming from a good, reputable engine supplier of course). You could also look into the 1JZ-GTE swap as well, not as much kick as the 2JZ but it has plenty of potential and also is generally cheaper than the 2JZ-GTE swap. Use that good 'ol search function in this forum there are plenty of related threads on how to complete both the swaps.