Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How to disable Alarm in 92 sc300

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-17, 09:21 PM
SolderDon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to disable Alarm in 92 sc300

Something weird has happened to my wiring in my sc300, the car does want to turn over with the key in the ignition all of a sudden. I've tracked it down to the alarm because, when i check the starter and jump the realy the car starts right up but when i use the key i get nothing. I've checked all the fuses, tried the unlock trick in the door and even pulled the batter for 45mins and swapped ecu's. I think it is the alarm because even though the car alarm is clearly not working the security light comes on. Is there anyway to bypass or remove the security system so my car can act normal again or is this a problem with the actual ignition. Also If I start the car the entire dash is black only in neutral or park.
Old 10-03-17, 09:27 PM
davvv
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow you are probably the first other person i've seen with the exact same problem i have. I ended up just bypassing it by adding some wiring with relay from the starter to the volume button since i have no use for it. Until this day I have not figured it out. I tried the new ecu, the key trick, everything. After a bunch of testing i realized the starter relay just won't open. I replaced it with many diff ones and nothing changed. I did notice while doing tests that if I touched a paperclip to a certain pin on the ecu, all the lights would come back on.
Now my motor is out i did my whole turbo setup, ffim went through the whole engine harness, relocated the wheel well harness and did the na-tt mod. I'm going to have my first try at cranking it up in a couple weeks and I'm just hoping the problem has disappered. If not the only two things left would be. Change the whole fusebox with wiring, or the alarm system. I know I didn't help much but i figured theres got to be someone else who's had this issue and fixed it. Grab a multimeter or even test light and see if theres power going to your starter relay.
Old 10-05-17, 09:02 AM
SolderDon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by davvv
Wow you are probably the first other person i've seen with the exact same problem i have. I ended up just bypassing it by adding some wiring with relay from the starter to the volume button since i have no use for it. Until this day I have not figured it out. I tried the new ecu, the key trick, everything. After a bunch of testing i realized the starter relay just won't open. I replaced it with many diff ones and nothing changed. I did notice while doing tests that if I touched a paperclip to a certain pin on the ecu, all the lights would come back on.
Now my motor is out i did my whole turbo setup, ffim went through the whole engine harness, relocated the wheel well harness and did the na-tt mod. I'm going to have my first try at cranking it up in a couple weeks and I'm just hoping the problem has disappered. If not the only two things left would be. Change the whole fusebox with wiring, or the alarm system. I know I didn't help much but i figured theres got to be someone else who's had this issue and fixed it. Grab a multimeter or even test light and see if theres power going to your starter relay.

Yeah i already checked the relay and the plugs with a multimeter everything was fine and i even checked fuses and swapped relays, i couldn't find a problem so i just let it be basically and added a wire from the starter relay and wired it into a switch in the cabin to start the car with. It works fine and is good enough to bypass it for now but My dash is still black when the car is in park or neutral, I was planning on manual swapping it with a spare r154 I have but now I need to find a way to keep the dash on when the car is in neutral because I was planning on using my auto ecu and just forcing the ecu to think it's in nuetral. I wonder if that paper clip trick you did will do the job. I also just picked up a jdm 6speed gte ecu and a map. so when I get a good turbo kit im also planning on doing the na-tt mod
Old 10-06-17, 02:27 AM
davvv
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SolderDon
Yeah i already checked the relay and the plugs with a multimeter everything was fine and i even checked fuses and swapped relays, i couldn't find a problem so i just let it be basically and added a wire from the starter relay and wired it into a switch in the cabin to start the car with. It works fine and is good enough to bypass it for now but My dash is still black when the car is in park or neutral, I was planning on manual swapping it with a spare r154 I have but now I need to find a way to keep the dash on when the car is in neutral because I was planning on using my auto ecu and just forcing the ecu to think it's in nuetral. I wonder if that paper clip trick you did will do the job. I also just picked up a jdm 6speed gte ecu and a map. so when I get a good turbo kit im also planning on doing the na-tt mod
If you wired it after the relay that wire will get hot, so try to keep a relay in the loop.
Old 10-06-17, 09:17 AM
SolderDon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by davvv
If you wired it after the relay that wire will get hot, so try to keep a relay in the loop.
Yeah im actually wired into the stock circuit but I also Have a breaker wired in between the switch just incase