Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust Port pic request

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-08, 12:43 PM
Tony320
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Port pic request

Well, I've been scouring the internet for a couple days now with no luck, so I thought I'd try posting a request. What I am looking for is a decent straight on picture of the exhaust port on a 2jzge and a 2jzgte, preferably minus the headers/manifold.

If anyone has these, or has seen them somewhere and can link me, that would be awesome.

EDIT: Figures, search for a couple days, ask for help, immediately afterwards, something turns up. I could still use a pic from a 2jz GE

2jzGTE
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Port pic request-gte_oil_leak_.jpg  

Last edited by Tony320; 07-24-08 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-24-08, 01:05 PM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Dont know if this is what you want....NA head with port and polish.

gadgetSC
Old 07-24-08, 01:36 PM
Tony320
Rookie

thanks for the pics, but I'm looking for a pic of the 2jzge basically identical to the one I have of the 2jzgte. Reason being that an acquaintance of mine has an extra gte turbo manifold that he's not using and doesn't care to sell, so I may be able to get it on the cheap. Not that a cheap tt manifold is of much use to me since ge and gte manifolds are not interchangeable. Of course this really depends on how different because If I can cut/weld the tt manifold to fit the GE, then I could save some cash on my na-t.
Old 07-24-08, 02:16 PM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's freakin hilarious. That first picture is MY Aristo GTE right when I started taking it apart. Where did you get that picture?
Old 07-24-08, 05:43 PM
HellFish
Lexus Test Driver

looks to me that the ports on a gte are oval and the ge are circular. think itd be easier time/labor wise to just buy a turbo manifold for the GE.
Old 07-24-08, 09:13 PM
Tony320
Rookie

Originally Posted by tularisgp
looks to me that the ports on a gte are oval and the ge are circular. think itd be easier time/labor wise to just buy a turbo manifold for the GE.
Yea, I noticed that too, I suppose I'll have to search around and see if I can't figure out the diameter of the narrowest portion of the oval and compare it to the diameter of the circle. It doesn't look promising unless the GTE ports are way bigger, which I doubt. One can always hope I guess.

Originally Posted by slappy96
That's freakin hilarious. That first picture is MY Aristo GTE right when I started taking it apart. Where did you get that picture?
I found it in a building a GTE thread I think, somewhere around this forum as an attachment. Wasn't on topic, but the pic was just what I needed
Old 07-24-08, 10:26 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

GTE head is different from GE, it will not bolt up directly, the time and effort you put into it will end up costing more than one off ebay, unless hes going to give to you for free then dotn do it, just get one off ebay. if your trying to cheap out then dont even bother trying to turbo your car because its going to get expensive quick.
Old 07-25-08, 06:26 AM
Tony320
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1sxyrxy
GTE head is different from GE, it will not bolt up directly, the time and effort you put into it will end up costing more than one off ebay, unless hes going to give to you for free then dotn do it, just get one off ebay.
Yea, I know that it won't bolt up, that information ius everywhere, but what I haven't been able to find is why they won't bolt up. I assumed it was the bolt pattern, but as I see from the pictures above, this may not be the case. If it had merely been the bolt pattern, it may have been a relatively easy fix.

Originally Posted by 1sxyrxy
if your trying to cheap out then dont even bother trying to turbo your car because its going to get expensive quick.
Of course you don't want to cheap out when buying parts, which is exactly why I wouldn't buy some off brand ebay mani that wasn't welded correctly or cannot tolerate heat. However, I do want to get ahold of quality parts as inexpensively as possible. If someone has a perfectly good used mani, and its still in good shape, then that would seem to be the sign of a quality product.

You are correct though, it does look like I would be best off buying a GE mani.