Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-gte swap SC300 A/C not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-08, 12:18 PM
suprandsc
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2jz-gte swap SC300 A/C not working

well, this seems like it's the last major quirk I have on this newly purchased 2JZ-GTE swapped SC. Gatta fix this and it's time to finally ENJOY the car! Help me out guys.

Symptom: The A/C control unit works and when I turn on the A/C, air blows out, but not cold air.

Status of the car to help diagnose:
-All the A/C components seem to be there from the swap
- I checked the freon PSI on the LOW side and it was whopping 100psi!!!:eek6: So I deflated it down to 35psi and still no cold air coming out.

My personal guess on what's wrong:
1. I've heard/searched that for 1jz or 2jz-gte swaps, you have to re-wire for A/C signal wire going to the ECU to interact (But .........Now...does this still imply to me when my A/C control units work?) Could this be the problem?

2. It could be a bad compressor, since I don't think I hear it turn on(I will check and get back to everyone this evening). And could it be the ECU not interacting with the compressor hence A/C not working?

Any help/tips is highly appreciated.
Thanks,
JP
Old 07-22-08, 12:54 PM
clevercat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had same problem for while.
Blows Cool air but blows hot air blows when weather gets hot.
Done lots stuff trying to correct the problem.

Fixed by recharging the A/C with R134 at the service station.
Now, it's cold.
Old 07-22-08, 01:45 PM
suprandsc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dr Tweak
JP,

I got your PM and I'd be happy to help you with that problem. Do you know if the wiring conversion for the 2JZGTE swap was done by us at here?

-Doc
Doc,

PM sent!
Old 07-22-08, 05:16 PM
pioww
Rookie

I have the same problem but have yet to fix it. I will be watching this thread.
Old 07-22-08, 07:06 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by suprandsc
My personal guess on what's wrong:
1. I've heard/searched that for 1jz or 2jz-gte swaps, you have to re-wire for A/C signal wire going to the ECU to interact (But .........Now...does this still imply to me when my A/C control units work?) Could this be the problem?

2. It could be a bad compressor, since I don't think I hear it turn on(I will check and get back to everyone this evening). And could it be the ECU not interacting with the compressor hence A/C not working?
You have perfectly described the identical exact problem I had after the 2jzgte swap. Your compressor is likely just fine.

High odds your number "1." is a bullseye correct answer. Focus your effort there. YES, it totally applies to you, the A/C control in the car appears to work as normal, just nothing happens. My ecu was not getting a signal and the compressor never comes on. If your compressor was fine before the swap, its probably find now. My swap shop took care of the problem after I went around thinking it was something else or I'd tell you more specifically how it was repaired.
Old 07-22-08, 07:58 PM
suprandsc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SCoupe
You have perfectly described the identical exact problem I had after the 2jzgte swap. Your compressor is likely just fine.

High odds your number "1." is a bullseye correct answer. Focus your effort there. YES, it totally applies to you, the A/C control in the car appears to work as normal, just nothing happens. My ecu was not getting a signal and the compressor never comes on. If your compressor was fine before the swap, its probably find now. My swap shop took care of the problem after I went around thinking it was something else or I'd tell you more specifically how it was repaired.
Yea, I've confirmed with Dr. Tweak that my issue was my "1" guess. I will let everyone know when it gets fixed with Dr. Tweak's help!

JP