Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Blitz Exhaust, Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-08, 10:48 PM
Slammedsi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blitz Exhaust, Intake?

Was wonding where a good place to get a deal on a blitz twin tip nur spec system for my 00 300 is. also ive searched on here and other sites looking for a company that makes a intake for this said car with no luck. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 07-21-08, 06:50 AM
1985zcar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an idea...post in the IS300 section, not the SC300 section

And I doubt you're going to find a dual tip Nur Spec for the IS when it's a single exhaust car...You're going to have to either custom make an exhaust if you want duals, or stay single.
Old 07-21-08, 08:28 AM
Slammedsi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1985zcar
I have an idea...post in the IS300 section, not the SC300 section

And I doubt you're going to find a dual tip Nur Spec for the IS when it's a single exhaust car...You're going to have to either custom make an exhaust if you want duals, or stay single.
Not sure why you think i have a IS. As i said 300 meaning SC as im posting in the SC section.

Anyother suggestions out there?
Old 07-21-08, 08:32 AM
Tony320
Rookie

Originally Posted by Slammedsi
Was wonding where a good place to get a deal on a blitz twin tip nur spec system for my 00 300 is. also ive searched on here and other sites looking for a company that makes a intake for this said car with no luck. Anyone have any ideas?
Looks kind of like you were saying you had and IS300, but not a big deal. Try MVP motorsports for the some exhaust options, I believe that they stock the nur spec exhaust for a reasonable price.

Also, Ingen makes the only CAI for the SC that I know of, but you prolly shouldn't spend the money as it has been shown to produce at best equivalent results to a BFI modded stock airbox, and at worst, less power than a completely stock sc. Do a search for BFI as it has been covered many times and is a common topic on these forums.
Old 07-21-08, 08:47 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Its still cheaper to get 2 blitz nur spec univerals and get them welded up.
Old 07-21-08, 08:53 AM
Slammedsi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tony320
Looks kind of like you were saying you had and IS300, but not a big deal. Try MVP motorsports for the some exhaust options, I believe that they stock the nur spec exhaust for a reasonable price.

Also, Ingen makes the only CAI for the SC that I know of, but you prolly shouldn't spend the money as it has been shown to produce at best equivalent results to a BFI modded stock airbox, and at worst, less power than a completely stock sc. Do a search for BFI as it has been covered many times and is a common topic on these forums.
Thanks for the heads up on the BFI option.

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
Its still cheaper to get 2 blitz nur spec univerals and get them welded up.
True, i just dont like jacking with crush bent piping. i figure i might as well just spend the extra money and have it done right the first time. haha.

I just got done reading your thread about your spring/shock setup. Very nice read and great looking stance btw
Old 07-21-08, 10:39 AM
redsc400
Pole Position

intense motorsports - intensepower.com is where i got my nur specs
Old 07-21-08, 07:04 PM
Slammedsi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nobleblack
I think someone was actually selling an injen intake for cheap.

Ultimately it's up to the person why they want to do it. I got the injen because of the carb number. I'm not even using the injen filter. I put on a blitz metal mesh filter I had laying around which is bigger than the injen one with better airflow. But point is in cali if I get popped they can't do jack because of the carb number. The build of the intake is pretty good.

I would've did the bfi but it's too much time and work and it'll still get recognized. Then after it get's recognized I'll haft to get a stock box etc.

So while the bfi has better gains it's not always the best option for me and others.
Im in Texas so im not to worried bout stuff like like. I did a search for the BFI stuff on here but really just came up with post making refreces to it. Would there be a wright up on it some where?
Old 07-21-08, 07:16 PM
over40driv
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a good write up on wwwplanetsoarer.com.
Old 07-21-08, 09:40 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slammedsi
True, i just dont like jacking with crush bent piping. i figure i might as well just spend the extra money and have it done right the first time. haha.

I just got done reading your thread about your spring/shock setup. Very nice read and great looking stance btw

Thanks btw

I know a local shop that would be able to do all mandrel for about $300ish.

So thats like $250 each muffler + $300ish labor and say $70 for a nice X-Pipe... you are still around the same price as the axle back blitz nur's.... if you can find it of course!

Thats a way I wish I went, instead of the Magnaflow. Blitz should be louder and I want that LOL.
Old 07-21-08, 10:19 PM
Slammedsi
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=RedPhoenix;3696939]Thanks btw

I know a local shop that would be able to do all mandrel for about $300ish.

So thats like $250 each muffler + $300ish labor and say $70 for a nice X-Pipe... you are still around the same price as the axle back blitz nur's.... if you can find it of course!

Thats a way I wish I went, instead of the Magnaflow. Blitz should be louder and I want that LOL.[/QUOTE]

Its funny you say that, i found the Axle back system for 655 shipped called to order it, they took my cc number and said ok it will be sent out. then i got a call back 5 minutes later saying sorry but the price just changed to 1,000 bucks. that they didnt run my card and sorry. i was ummm super pissed.

I feel the same way. I LOVE the way the Blitz sounds. and its pretty loud even being just the axle back system.
Old 07-22-08, 08:18 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

haha yeah, funny isnt that!