Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

About to purchase some wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-08, 01:14 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to purchase some wheels.

I asked about this in the "wheel fitment" thread, but I need a solid answer, before I spend +$2000.

These wheels are 18x10.5 w/ 285/30 in the front, and 17x11.5 w/315/35, rear. I know that since the fit a Supra, they should fit my SC, ....but thats ALOT of wheel, both in the front and rear. I was doing some ruff measuring, and it looks like theres no way theyll fit.

Can anyone confirm that I wont have fitment, or rubbing issues, with these? My fender are all shaved thin, already, ... and I have coilovers.

Old 07-20-08, 01:19 PM
pasionm
Driver School Candidate

you got 800hp to back that up lol...I really doubt that will fit... to big of a rubber.
Old 07-20-08, 02:38 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

what are the offsets on the wheels?

11.5 with a 315. too wide. put a 275 or 285 on it. it will be a lot easier to tuck.

from my experience on fitting wheels on an SC the widest you can go is about a 11.5 with high teen offsets and good tire stretch. thats under facotry metal. you will need a full roll and possibly a mild pull.
Old 07-20-08, 06:08 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

CCW doesnt release the offsets. Im about to send payment for them, so I hope they fit!

If they fit a Supra, they should fit a SC, right?
Old 07-20-08, 06:23 PM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe buy some 25mm wide front fenders as well as pull the rear fenders out and it "should" be fine.
Old 07-20-08, 06:54 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Why would they not fit a stock bodied SC, if they fit a stock bodied Supra?
Old 07-20-08, 09:37 PM
1985zcar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would you put 18s in the front and 17s in the rear? That doesn't make sense to me...and if you're sending payment to the manufacturer themselves, then why do you need such huge sizing?
Old 07-20-08, 09:38 PM
1985zcar
Lead Lap

Also, they fit that Supra because it's stock ride height, so there's no fitment issues, if you're trying to tuck them/have a low car (sig says you have Flexs) then that's probably not gonna work...but I don't know that much about SC fitment yet so I'll leave that to others on here...
Old 07-20-08, 10:01 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

I'll leave this thread here for a couple days and see how it goes.

Hopefully you'll get the answer you are looking for. I understand how expensive CCWs can be. Personally, I think the wheel will fit. Modifications will have to be made to the fender (roll, pull). Next you'll have to determine what the offsets are so you can get a better idea of what tire size is best for you.
Old 07-20-08, 10:13 PM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

i wouldn't recommend putting the smaller diameter wheel in the front unless you're using the wheels strictly for DRAG.

aesthetically, 17" rears w/ 18" fronts doesn't make sense.

try 17x9.5 fronts, 18x10.5 rears, and you can still run lower offsets than you the Eurolines that you have.

Originally Posted by na4now
Why would they not fit a stock bodied SC, if they fit a stock bodied Supra?
they are still different chassis. i think these wheels would possibly tuck more on the SC, no?
Old 07-21-08, 05:21 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Make them fit. simple as that.

if they don't fit with your car as low as you want, raise your car up a little until you have time to modify your fenders & suspension enough until they fit the way you want.

my wheels didn't fit until i got my coilovers and rolled/pulled my fenders a little, that wasn't going to stop me
Old 07-21-08, 06:56 AM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

First off, Im buying them second hand.

Second, I like the 18fr. 17rr., set up.

Third, ...Im not trying to "tuck" them.

My fenders are all shaved. I need to know if when I put them on, ...that they wont stick out two inches past the fenders, and I'll be able to turn the front wheel.

Since they fit on a Supra, shouldnt they fit a SC? Thats the question.
Old 07-21-08, 08:34 AM
TJohnson
Driver

Originally Posted by na4now
First off, Im buying them second hand.

Second, I like the 18fr. 17rr., set up.

Third, ...Im not trying to "tuck" them.

My fenders are all shaved. I need to know if when I put them on, ...that they wont stick out two inches past the fenders, and I'll be able to turn the front wheel.

Since they fit on a Supra, shouldnt they fit a SC? Thats the question.
Call CCW and ask them. Tell them what's on the Supra and that you want it to go on a SC. CCW is stingy and doesn't release their offsets as already mentioned, so why not go straight to the people who make the damn things and ask them? They would know better than anyone else.
Old 07-21-08, 09:04 AM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Why in the world would you want 18's front 17's rear? You are not listening dude. You have asked the question three times, and you have been told for the most part no, yet you keep asking the same question. What are you not understanding? Do you want us to tell you that they fit? Ok, they fit, perfectly. Even though you have been told they chassis are slightly different, they will fit. Even though you have been told no because of the offset, they will fit. Even though you have been that they are too wide, they will fit. There, happy?
Old 07-21-08, 09:29 AM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Are they local enough to go and do a test fit? You should be able to tell what needs to be done from that point as far as your fenders and suspension go to make them work. The rear tires are a little too wide, but you could likely slim down and stretch them to make them fit.

Quick Reply: About to purchase some wheels.