Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Ok This Is What I Want From An Sc!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-08, 11:33 PM
Trbobucket
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok This Is What I Want From An Sc!!

OK I'm new to the site i have been reading on hear for months and i really want a fast SC. i wanna go low 11's or faster on a drag radial pump gas with power steering,AC, and full interior. my budget is 15K. i have a fast tin can civic that was tuned bye Jeff Evans and I'm OVER IT!!! i want something nice to drive that is fast as well. i don't wanna switch tires all the time and i want a car that wont just spin for ever on the street with a drag radial on it. so i wanna hear from other guys with FAST SC'S what set up they went with and what they would not do if they had a second go at it. i keep reading about the 1jz and 2jz swaps. the only down fall in my eyes with the 1jz is getting parts easy and fast i don't wanna hunt and deal with over seas company's at all. i like that you can just go to Toyota for stuff with the 2jz but the 2jz is so much more for just the power plant because I'm going single and AEM stand alone before the car ever moves out of the garage. so anyone that will share i really would appreciate it. I'm located in NJ I'm also up for buying an SC already done if someone is selling one in my price range. thanks for your time.
warren
Old 06-29-08, 04:28 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i really don't think there is anything for a 1jz that you would need that you couldn't just cross reference a 2jzgte or 7mgte part..

by the looks of what you want i'd say you have some researching to do.
Old 06-29-08, 06:00 AM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^ Agree

A search will reveal TONS of info and people who are making big/decent numbers. As well as what mods they have and problems they encountered during their build.
Old 06-29-08, 09:47 PM
Trbobucket
Driver School Candidate

Ok can i at least get some people to post 1/4 mile times they have made with there SC'S?
Old 06-29-08, 10:45 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

that shouldnt be hard at at all, cheapest way would be, NA-T with bigger injectors and TT headgasket, LSD and a V160. is that 15k including cost of car? my car is NA-T and i didnt spend that much but i currently dont have the drive train to run 11's im pretty sure my car could if i had drag radials on it
Old 06-29-08, 10:50 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Obviously didn't search too well. I typed in "Fastest SC" in the search bar under performance, and came up with this:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ght=fastest+SC

GL, and searching is your friend
Old 06-30-08, 01:11 PM
SpinAll4
Former Sponsor - Cancelled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While a SC is not going to have the wheel spin problems of a wwd car, they still have wheel spin issues.

If you want to go fast on just drag radials, you either need a muscle car with a non independent rear suspension(non cobra mustang, camaro, firebird, or some type of awd car.
Old 07-02-08, 11:13 PM
Trbobucket
Driver School Candidate

i know it will still spin but with the civic best 60" with 22/8 slick was 1.87 i have traction bars motor damper bla bla bla and on a drag radial or street tire it is totally useless so i want something more drivable but still fast and fun. i love the way the SC looks so I'm going to build one. so now just to find a place to get a 2jzgte from that wont rip me off with a junk motor i went threw that with the civic. so i just been looking in for sale pages on here and supra forum i wanna get a motor with a hurt piston or something like that i don't want the turbos manifold and all that I'll have to pay extra for. only thing i know I'm paying a lot for is the 6 speed tranny. so thanks for the in put. anyone have a place they would recommend getting a tranny from? thanks for the help.

warren
Old 07-03-08, 06:51 AM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

I would just stick with the 2JZ, more displacment, plenty of parts on this side of the world and much cheaper if you can find an SC300 around the area. Try looking for an old 92-95 auto with some decent mileage and no accidents. If you can find a 5-speed in your area then by all means go for it, but personally i had a tough time finding one in my area (i used to live in Bernardsville) but after a few months of searching i found what i was looking for, but it was a later model and it was $9600. The older SCs can go from $3000-$5000.

If you do find the proper SC you could go with an R154 instead, very stout tranny with many rebuild parts available and are much cheaper than the 6-speeds. Only problem is with fitment on the R154 from the MkIII supras. It is doable, but search around for good answers.

Also i dont know how you'd be able to get your car around the emissions if you want it to be "drivable" but im sure someone around here has done it before without much trouble. If you want to hit 11s in the car you might as well forget emissions altogether. they can only hold you back

For now, keep doing tons of searching on here, supraforums and clubna-t. There are tons of setups out there that fit your budget and will work if you are willing to dish out the money (which you seem to have plenty of) and time to the build. Good Luck
Old 07-03-08, 12:41 PM
white07
Driver School Candidate

good place to start... http://www.intellexual.net/faq.html
Old 07-03-08, 05:24 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

15k is definitely a good budget for a project like this. You can make 10s easy with that kind of cash. A lot of the guys pushing big numbers usually run a 2JZGTE swap with a full 6spd drivetrain setup. The TH400 transmissions also work really well with the GTE. If you wish to boost the GE motor, 10 seconds will still be a possibility. I can name Toyomoto and XSpower that have gotten a 10 second slip out of a boosted GE. Also with a good pair of radials that are suitable for the amount of power you are pushing, you wont have to worry about your tires spinning all day. I know Mickey Thompson's E/T Streets grab like glue when properly heated if you know what I mean. I hope you find some useful information on our site. Keep us updated on the project. Good luck!
Old 07-03-08, 09:24 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

2jzgte BPU+++++++. that should get you into 11's on drag tires. some weight reduction wouldnt hurt either.

definitely need a r154 or v160.
Old 07-03-08, 09:59 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another day, another newbie asking dumb questions....
Old 07-04-08, 12:41 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mteele
Another day, another newbie asking dumb questions....
We were all new once..
Old 07-04-08, 05:04 AM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes everyone has had a newbie moment, or are still learning the ropes of whats acceptable to post-me-, as JSpecSC3 has taught me...

Quick Reply: Ok This Is What I Want From An Sc!!