Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Hydrogen injection

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-08, 03:23 PM
tcrow31
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuprRunner
http://www.pwmpower.com

These guys sell pulse width modulators which can be use to improve the efficiency of HHO generators. They also sell an EFI O2 module for a pretty decent price for fuel injected cars. Not excactly sure how it is calibrated and such, but worth a try I guess.
Sweet man thanks...that will save me a lot of time.
Old 06-10-08, 03:30 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tcrow31
Research Stan Myers.... He was able to produce enough HHO with a half a amp. He also has a US Patient for the device in other words if it didn't work or was not possible he would not have a patient for the device because they would not issue him one. Its not standard electrolysis when using a PWM. There is several of youtube vids showing his device in action. There is even one of a Filiapino guy who did it on Toyota and it runs solely on water.
Ive been researching different ways to stick it to the oil companies since they see fit to stick it to me...lol. I have been on this E85 trip for a bit till the HHO thing. I will continue to research and develop this as a HHO/Gas Hybird see what i can get out of it. If God willing maybe be able to eventually cut big oil all together wouldn't that be nice. Anyways back to work.

-Tim
word up ! I researched him 2 years ago...Mysteriously died of FOOD POISONING. yeah right !

he actually got his invention down to a spark plug type device called a splitter .

Last edited by 2.5tsoarer; 06-10-08 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-10-08, 09:09 PM
Steelwheel
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So have any of you that know it works experienced these fuel savings first hand?

I still believe it is a hoax (wished it was true and open minded to see someone prove it), but could not say what I'm thinking better than this:

http://community.discovery.com/eve/f...8/m/2321969559

BTW, mythbusters did a show on this according to many on the Tundra forum. Sellers of these systems do not seem credible and use terminology encouraging the uneducated to act like they are sure about it before they try it.

I do understand that someone might find something to add (and it may be H2) to fuel which may allow a more lean mixture. If something like this works, it should also lower the output power of the combustion process. This would be like making an 8 cylinder run on 4 cylinders which can increase mileage, but reduce the power in return. This would be nothing different than running a smaller engine.

Best Wishes,

Tim
Old 06-10-08, 09:58 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Steelwheel
So have any of you that know it works experienced these fuel savings first hand?

I still believe it is a hoax (wished it was true and open minded to see someone prove it), but could not say what I'm thinking better than this:

BTW, mythbusters did a show on this according to many on the Tundra forum. Sellers of these systems do not seem credible and use terminology encouraging the uneducated to act like they are sure about it before they try it.

I do understand that someone might find something to add (and it may be H2) to fuel which may allow a more lean mixture. If something like this works, it should also lower the output power of the combustion process. This would be like making an 8 cylinder run on 4 cylinders which can increase mileage, but reduce the power in return. This would be nothing different than running a smaller engine.

Best Wishes,

Tim
With that being said mythbusters were also able to run a car on just hydrogen as well. They didn't have one of these "portable" hydrogen makers but they did run it using a pretty big hydrogen tank.
Old 06-11-08, 08:02 AM
tcrow31
Pole Position

Best Wishes,

Tim
There are a lot of hoaxes out there i will agree. People out there to take advantage of these desperate times. However if you do a little research there is a lot of guys out there doing it to their cars and offering their plans for free. Also not sure where you are getting less power from. When leaning out the fuel you are replacing it with HHO which is a more volatile fuel which will not decrease power. There is a guy in Clearwater who recently that developed a system that provided enough HHO to use as a cutting torch and has implemented the technology on car that is a hybrid. He also has a contract with the military to develop this on a Hummer. Just watch the vid below. It is a FOX 26 News cast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKM4pb9Oxrg

-Tim

Last edited by tcrow31; 06-11-08 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-11-08, 06:00 PM
madmax98
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Laws of physics!!!

I don't want to sound like a spoiler here, but it goes against the laws of physics.

After researching, you should find that it takes more energy to split Hydrogen and Oxygen with electrolysis than you can possibly get out of it via combustion or as a combustion additive in an internal combustion engine.

It would be great if it works. The world would no longer need any other energy source. All other energy sources would become obselete and expensive in comparison.

There have been many many claims over the years (decades and decades ago) of this type of device working. This is similar to people that claim they have a perpetual motion machine.

Regards,

Tim
I take it your talking about the Farad Laws sir. I got news: They have been broken long ago. Try Googling Stanley Meyers or Bob Boyce
Old 06-11-08, 06:16 PM
madmax98
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

I hope you guys know that water and electric cars are in the very near future. Mr Stan meyers ran his car solely on water. A lot of people said it was against the laws of physics, and they even didn't want to give him a patent till they formed a comission of engineers to see first hand how it works and they were speechless after proven wrong. By the way, there are a lot of "laws of physics" that don't work perfectly, cosmic laws come to mind, so all we need to do is try things and actually believe they work even if they go against the laws of physics. Also, i'm looking at the device right now, but the problem is that a lot of the designs on the net are very inefficient. In addition, you have to use a correction device to prevent the ecu from compensation. I'm thinking of the SAFCII as opposed to the EFIE. My concern though is if there's a differennce between using the two since one uses the MAF and the other uses the O2 sensor!!!
Old 06-12-08, 01:39 PM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Originally Posted by madmax98
I hope you guys know that water and electric cars are in the very near future. Mr Stan meyers ran his car solely on water. A lot of people said it was against the laws of physics, and they even didn't want to give him a patent till they formed a comission of engineers to see first hand how it works and they were speechless after proven wrong. By the way, there are a lot of "laws of physics" that don't work perfectly, cosmic laws come to mind, so all we need to do is try things and actually believe they work even if they go against the laws of physics. Also, i'm looking at the device right now, but the problem is that a lot of the designs on the net are very inefficient. In addition, you have to use a correction device to prevent the ecu from compensation. I'm thinking of the SAFCII as opposed to the EFIE. My concern though is if there's a differennce between using the two since one uses the MAF and the other uses the O2 sensor!!!
I don't know what a EFIE is, but any piggyback will suffice i.e SAFC, map ecu, etc... You will need a wideband O2 to tune correctly. I think if you could have a water to hhO device that compress the gas into a tank this would work correctly. With the machines they're selling now, I'm not convinced a regulated amount of Gas goes into the intake. This would make tuning the car correctly very hard. I beleive a system that utilizes a compressed gas tank with a solenoid like nitrous, will be the future of this.

I don't know how much electricity the water to hho converters take. It might be feasible to have a converter and a large tank at the house and refuel your smaller in car tank up when you need to...

Last edited by fried_rice; 06-12-08 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-12-08, 02:34 PM
tcrow31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fried_rice
I don't know what a EFIE is, but any piggyback will suffice i.e SAFC, map ecu, etc... You will need a wideband O2 to tune correctly. I think if you could have a water to hhO device that compress the gas into a tank this would work correctly. With the machines they're selling now, I'm not convinced a regulated amount of Gas goes into the intake. This would make tuning the car correctly very hard. I beleive a system that utilizes a compressed gas tank with a solenoid like nitrous, will be the future of this.

I don't know how much electricity the water to hho converters take. It might be feasible to have a converter and a large tank at the house and refuel your smaller in car tank up when you need to...
Yea me and my friend are thinking about using the safc to tune fuel. First we are gonna do this on a carb car just to get out concept down. Ive already drawn up my design for my generator. It resembles Stan Myers design with some differences. Also the idea of a compressed tank with HHO or Hydroxy Hydrogen is a bad idea as it is very volitile. The whole idea behind the use of these on board generators is so that you did not have to store any amount of Hydroxy Hydrogen.

Also HHO doesn't need to be pressurized because it is a ambient gas and flows easily to a lower pressure area. Reason why gasoline needs to be pressurized because its part of the atomization process to turn the liquid which doesn't burn in to vapor which is what burns. That is the whole reason a fuel injected engines ran more efficient than a carburated engine.

There is a way to tune the amount of HHO that enters the combustion chamber. Well I have a good idea how to, but that will be for phase two of the project first thing is to get a working generator and successfully connected to a car.
Old 06-13-08, 10:51 AM
Steelwheel
Driver

Originally Posted by madmax98
I take it your talking about the Farad Laws sir. I got news: They have been broken long ago. Try Googling Stanley Meyers or Bob Boyce
The law I was refering to was the 2nd law of Thermodynamics which states "In an isolated system, a process can occur only if it increases the total entropy of the system."

It also violates the first law of Thermodynamics which states. "The increase in the internal energy of a system is equal to the amount of energy added by heating the system, minus the amount lost as a result of the work done by the system on its surroundings."

Sorry, nobody has proven those wrong and these are still taught as the basics of engineering around the world.

No matter how much you wish or see on the internet about conspiracies etc. It will not change the fact that these laws still hold true.

This is nothing new. Without a believer, a con-man would be out of a job. There are plenty of con-men and plenty believers.

Still nobody has answered the question whether they have put one of these on their own car and experienced the amazing boost in mileage and power that they claim to give...

Still waiting

Hope to hear from all the successful applications.

Tim
Old 06-13-08, 04:09 PM
SLEXC400
Rookie

I too am following these discussions and really want this to work, but I am skeptical. It just seems that we would would have to modify the fuel injection control systems in our cars because fuel flow to the injectors is based on the mass airflow sensor, engine rpm, O2 sensor output, etc. We would want to decrease fuel flow to the injectors as we inject HHO gas into the intake manifold. There sure are a lot of claims out there that it works, but I would love to hear from someone who has tried it on their Lexus!!!! Anyone?
Old 06-13-08, 08:52 PM
Steelwheel
Driver

Originally Posted by tcrow31
Research Stan Myers.... He was able to produce enough HHO with a half a amp. He also has a US Patient for the device in other words if it didn't work or was not possible he would not have a patient for the device because they would not issue him one. Its not standard electrolysis when using a PWM. There is several of youtube vids showing his device in action. There is even one of a Filiapino guy who did it on Toyota and it runs solely on water.
Ive been researching different ways to stick it to the oil companies since they see fit to stick it to me...lol. I have been on this E85 trip for a bit till the HHO thing. I will continue to research and develop this as a HHO/Gas Hybird see what i can get out of it. If God willing maybe be able to eventually cut big oil all together wouldn't that be nice. Anyways back to work.

-Tim

Just did a little research Myers. He was sued in an Ohio court and "On the basis of the evidence the court found Meyer guilty of "gross and egregious fraud". According to the article below, it was determined that he was in this to con investors.

One might want to inform the author(s) of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Fuel_Cell if you don't believe that the water car was a fraud.
Old 06-13-08, 11:09 PM
tcrow31
Pole Position

Just did a little research Myers. He was sued in an Ohio court and "On the basis of the evidence the court found Meyer guilty of "gross and egregious fraud". According to the article below, it was determined that he was in this to con investors.

One might want to inform the author(s) of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Fuel_Cell if you don't believe that the water car was a fraud.
He was only found guilty because he would not divulge his designs. He was considered by those that knew him to be a extremely paranoid person and did not trust anyone because people have stolen his patients before or so he claimed. I do not know how much of this is true nor do I care to prove the legitimacy of his claims. He was just an example of many other men that have made the technology work.

A buddy of my friend is driving a super charged tacoma and was having problems pinging even with premium and here in Houston we get 93 octane. Now he runs regular with his HHO booster with no problems and no pinging. I saw this personally in action just tonight while we were testing our design. Once we get the electronics part taken care of we will be able to start tuning down the fuel for better fuel economy.

Honestly I really don't care if you or any one else believe me or not and you can quote out of that physics book till you are blue in the face if you want to but, all I have to say to that is, once upon a time all the collective geniuses of the world once thought the world was square and it took one crazy person to prove them wrong. To be brutally honest, the only person I am worried about is myself and my pocket book. I am not doing this to prove a point or save anyone else money but myself and if I can capitalize on this working idea I will. If you or any one else do not want to attempt this project or any of the like and keep paying the already filthy rich oil companies then go right on ahead cause its your money and not my problem. Im also 100% positive that you are not enjoying paying these price and sure that you are saying something along the lines of " i wish that someone would do something about these prices" Stop wishing that someone else or something else will solve this problem. Be that person that steps up. It has been long over due that we totally cut our dependence on fossil fuels which includes natural gas and start developing renewable resources.

On another thought, I am seriously tired of all the negative thoughts. If people would get off their collective behinds and stop saying its impossible and being so dang negative and say lets try it out instead. Well i can only imagine where the world would be now.

As of now we already know a engine will work on HHO that has already been proven time and time again. BMW has already designed and built a internal combustion engine that will run on hydrogen and various other companies like Ford have as well. The only issue here is producing enough of it on board a vehicle with out having to store it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3WWqnpAitY

For those that are interested in the plans that i purchased from that one sight that was posted on post#2 PM me your e-mail address. Ill give it to you for free. Me personally Im not using his design it was really just good for in giving me a idea of what to do. there is a lot of info out there for you to come up with a design just search. My generator core will be a unique in design. At least i haven't seen anyone else use anything similar to my design so for now its unique. The plans i purchased are not easy to follow for a novice IMO and think is a waste of money but oh well. Yall are more then welcome to them. Keep in mind that these plans are for a carbed motor and you will have to research how to implement it on a EFI system.

Last edited by tcrow31; 06-13-08 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-14-08, 07:36 AM
DRAGAN
Rookie

I don't want to sound like a spoiler here, but it goes against the laws of physics.

After researching, you should find that it takes more energy to split Hydrogen and Oxygen with electrolysis than you can possibly get out of it via combustion or as a combustion additive in an internal combustion engine.

It would be great if it works. The world would no longer need any other energy source. All other energy sources would become obselete and expensive in comparison.

There have been many many claims over the years (decades and decades ago) of this type of device working. This is similar to people that claim they have a perpetual motion machine.

Regards,

Tim
Ever heard about how scientist have a hard time understanding how did a Internal Combustion Engine works. In their mind it should never work but it did.

Using a car purely on HHO would be ideal for everybody and the planet.
Old 06-14-08, 09:15 PM
Steelwheel
Driver

Cars from major manufacturers that run on hydrogen are not being debated. These cars actually use hydrogen that is made from a process which requires more energy input than it gets back (just like other fuels). It does not violate the laws of physics.

Well, I've found the great company that has finally stood up for all the little paranoid guys. They are releasing a new vehicle with hydrogen supplementation from http://www.hydrorunner.com/index.php.

http://www.ronnmotors.com/ shows the car that will be released in the Fall of 2008. Finally someone with guts to debunk the first and second laws of thermodynamics (without fear of big oil and patent thieves, lol). If I really believed in this, I would buy their stock listed on their site (looks really cheap). Also they are taking deposits on the car about to be released. Buy all you can now, since if history is any indication, they might be in court soon defending against fraud charges.

Truly no hard feelings, just my uneducated opinion. Still keeping an eye on all possibilities.

Tim

Last edited by Steelwheel; 06-14-08 at 10:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Hydrogen injection