Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What 1JZ manifold are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-08, 01:06 PM
Zoonwen
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not tryin to dawg drewgos manifolds but they are just like all the ebay manifolds. They are mig welded and just cleaned up on the surface with a tig. I only know because I deal with the same suppiler.

Originally Posted by joewitafro
Drewgo's manifolds are made in china to his specification, their already reinforced, and have a better location for the wastegate.
Old 05-11-08, 01:36 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joewitafro
Drewgo's manifolds are made in china to his specification, their already reinforced, and have a better location for the wastegate.
Hmmm, I think Drewgo would dispute about his manifolds being made in China. I spoke to him directly and found that he designs and weld them himself. Reason I am going to order mine from him. I seen his work and I know the Cherplex used his manifold on his 1jz. He was pushing 400+ with no problems.
Old 05-11-08, 02:48 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

I got my friend a china manifold 3 years ago and he has had no problems of cracking or any thing. He's been pushing about 470 the the wheels for the past 3 years. Cars been to NOPI in Atlanta for the past 4 years and has won trophies at all of them. I also know many guys here in SoFlo running the same manifold with no issues. Some as high as 700 to the wheels.
Old 05-11-08, 05:36 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nate579
Hmmm, I think Drewgo would dispute about his manifolds being made in China. I spoke to him directly and found that he designs and weld them himself. Reason I am going to order mine from him. I seen his work and I know the Cherplex used his manifold on his 1jz. He was pushing 400+ with no problems.
Here you go Enjoy ! MADE IN CHINA !!!
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...t=69818&page=2

everyone keeps talking about cracking. I haven't had a problem with mine yet 7 years ago I had a Greddy T67 kit on my s13 and had to repair a few cracks after just 3 months. Any of these manifolds will crack if not supported correctly. On the Greddy manifold I had a bracket made from the wastegate to a bolt hole on the block and never had anymore cracking issues.

I really don't like having the wastegate high in the engine bay. The way I see it the less hot parts in the engine bay the better.
Old 05-11-08, 06:56 PM
Zoonwen
Rookie

This is what it looks like before powder coating.

Old 05-11-08, 07:48 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by evileagle
chinamanifolds blow and 100% sure will crack unless you reinforce the runners and reweld everything. I personally dont want to bother with all that and am looking into a cast unit. They are generally cheaper and MUCH stronger than any of the CHEAP tubular setups, not talking about the good tubular setups here.
Yeah because all those JZ manifolds from china that cracked are terrible.... oh wait; there's hardly ANY

Don't buy into the hype for everything, do your research before opening your mouth and giving out advice.
Old 05-11-08, 08:56 PM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bean
Yeah because all those JZ manifolds from china that cracked are terrible.... oh wait; there's hardly ANY

Don't buy into the hype for everything, do your research before opening your mouth and giving out advice.
Agreed
Old 05-13-08, 07:27 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

...... I've sold over 300 in the past 2 years and not a single cracked manifold.

935Motorsports are carrying the manifolds... 2.5tsoarer posted a link to the sale thread...
Old 05-14-08, 09:13 AM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

I'll just get an xspower and call it a day. never had an issue with cracking, and even if it does, they have a warranty.
Old 05-14-08, 04:03 PM
BigWaveSC
Lead Lap

I just ordered a ssautochrome one, would have liked to get a drewgo with all the positive feedback and it looks close to equal lenght tubing but I could not get an answer on the availibility of T3 flange.

oh well, dont hate on china after all everything is made there. including your parts you think are made in japan.
Old 05-16-08, 11:45 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bean

not only have I done my research, But I am also speaking from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. I had the 1JZ manifold off of ebay and needed to fix two seperate cracks which is why I said I dont want to deal with the cheaper tubular Ebay manifolds...

I cant speak about DREWGO'S manifolds as I have never had one....

This is the whole reason why I have been searching for a cast manifold.
Old 06-17-11, 02:13 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had to fix mine... added 2 bars for strength, then had it shaved because it was warped 60 thousands.... yeah a lot!
Old 06-17-11, 03:00 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

I originally had a driftmotion modified eBay manifold. Luckily I found an authentic greddy manifold used ($2000+ for a new one). The side by side comparison is night and day. the eBay manifolds look like ****, and they fit like **** too.

Unfortunately with the 1j you either have $150 ebay manifolds or $2000 greddy/custom
manifolds. There is no inbetween.
Old 06-17-11, 05:48 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Drewgo manifold here...
Old 06-17-11, 06:14 PM
mr/griffin
Lead Lap

modify the stock one urself

Quick Reply: What 1JZ manifold are you using?