Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

considering motor swap need help/opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-08, 03:59 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default considering motor swap need help/opinions

considering not any time soon but in the future to do a motor swap i think the 1jz motors run around 1.2k tops? and the 2jz gte no idea havent researched. but i need to get my belts changed soon and lexus is charging 2k i was thinking for 2 k i could buy and drop a motor into the sc300 opinions? should i just get the belts changed at lexus or try to convince my dad of a swap for better gas mileage also since sc300 come with 2jz ges i was wondering couldnt a supra turbo manifold along with a turbo be bolted on and everything else needed for a successful turboed running car to run and just tune to run well? or would this cost a lot more? im a newb so please when u include the prices of parts have in mind a professional will be installing them for me so please add how much you think the local shops would charge($50 an hour local shop)(friend done motor swaps before very good with cars but not a professional $25 an hour) thanks for reading all this hope you can help!!