Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

heres a question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-08, 09:46 AM
tlherring
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heres a question

since the motor in the sc is the 2jz why not just put a turbo on it and swap out the ticking time bomb tranny for the supra 6speed one. or what about keeping the same motor in the car and change out the head to the turbo supra head. also im planning on building one of theses cars soon. couple questions is there anything i need to worry about the internals? what turbos, turbo kits do u recommend. what standalone systems are recommended? and the rear end what should i do since its an open rear end? and are there any chips u guys recommend since im changing to the turbo set up i kno i hav to get a different ecu, so is there a piggy back chip for the supra ecu? or a whole differnet ecu?
Old 03-18-08, 10:01 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

search ftw!
Old 03-18-08, 10:40 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tlherring
since the motor in the sc is the 2jz why not just put a turbo on it and swap out the ticking time bomb tranny for the supra 6speed one. or what about keeping the same motor in the car and change out the head to the turbo supra head.
This is ingenius. Why didn't anyone think of this?

Jonny
Old 03-18-08, 11:56 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

sir you suck at life

tlherring=FAIL

sorry for being an aas. its just funny that you ask a question that can be answered with the first FAQ thread you pull up in the search window. thats why supra forums dont accept any more members at this time. and when you join you cant post anywhere but in the newb section. supra forums doesnt allow search for new members. luckly for you we do. use it to its full potential.

i dont think i posted here for the first 4 month. all i did was search. other then your girlfriend, and occasionally your right hand , its your best friend.
Old 03-18-08, 01:08 PM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
sir you suck at life

tlherring=FAIL

sorry for being an aas. its just funny that you ask a question that can be answered with the first FAQ thread you pull up in the search window. thats why supra forums dont accept any more members at this time. and when you join you cant post anywhere but in the newb section. supra forums doesnt allow search for new members. luckly for you we do. use it to its full potential.

i dont think i posted here for the first 4 month. all i did was search. other then your girlfriend, and occasionally your right hand , its your best friend.

LOL FTW!
Old 03-18-08, 01:13 PM
TTSC3
Pole Position

Wait...I've got a novel idea! Since the Soarer in Japan had a 1JZ in it, why not just swap that into the SC? LOL, this is an EPIC failure.
Old 03-18-08, 01:25 PM
tlherring
Driver School Candidate

hmmm i wonder why i dont swap the 1jz into my sc....... expensive and time consuming
Old 03-18-08, 01:28 PM
tlherring
Driver School Candidate

and btw id apprciate it if you'd just answer my questions......and keep all the other crap out of it
Old 03-18-08, 01:36 PM
tjschnei
Driver

search and you can answer all these questions and many more you might have about it for yourself
Old 03-18-08, 01:44 PM
tlherring
Driver School Candidate

well can i get some help like links to where i can find theses questions
Old 03-18-08, 01:48 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

well can i get some help like links to where i can find theses questions
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=341814

This was about 5 threads down from yours.

Try www.intellexual.net as well. Read the first 5 pages of threads in the Performance section and you should have your answer to everything you just asked.

Jonny
Old 03-18-08, 02:06 PM
tlherring
Driver School Candidate

ok im going to go with the 2jz swap and put a single big turbo with the 6speed tranny. how hard is it? and where is a reliable place to get them? do recommend that I do it myself or spend the extra money and get a reliable shop that does this kind of thing. im pretty mechanically savey ive been working at a toyota dealership as a technicain for about a year and am going into the T-ten program for toyota in college this august
Old 03-18-08, 02:08 PM
tlherring
Driver School Candidate

and what big single turbo do u guys recommend? ive been searching the threads and can't find anything on stock ecu from supra vs stand alone system. why not just get a chip?
Old 03-18-08, 02:25 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

ok im going to go with the 2jz swap and put a single big turbo with the 6speed tranny. how hard is it? and where is a reliable place to get them? do recommend that I do it myself or spend the extra money and get a reliable shop that does this kind of thing. im pretty mechanically savey ive been working at a toyota dealership as a technicain for about a year and am going into the T-ten program for toyota in college this august
and what big single turbo do u guys recommend? ive been searching the threads and can't find anything on stock ecu from supra vs stand alone system. why not just get a chip?
You don't seem to be listening to me. As I said, read the first 5 pages in the Performance section and you will have all of this answered. Or else just go to www.clubna-t.com and read there.

Either way you need to start reading and stop asking questions that have been answered HUNDREDS of times...

Jonny
Old 03-18-08, 02:47 PM
tlherring
Driver School Candidate

still dont see anything on converting the TT to a big single anywhere, im looking for a kit preferably polished

Quick Reply: heres a question