Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzgte 6spd sc300 build...

Old 03-04-08, 02:09 AM
redhanded7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jzgte 6spd sc300 build...UPDATED PICS!!!

first off its a 92 lexus sc300 automatic. got the car pretty cheap and as it is, its runs awesome. ive built lots of drift nissans before, one of them with a 450whp 1jz, but this is my first toyota/lexus i am building. current mods are simple. tein flex's and some 19's. im not really concerned with looks at the moment, i just want the car to have some decent power and perform.

the plans are to drop in a usdm 2jzgte, 6spd trans, 6spd subframe, single turbo and run an aftermarket standalone system. im hoping to hit about 600-700whp and keep this my daily driver with ac.

here are some starter pics. ill post more as more parts come in and as i make further progress.

as the car sits right now......

6spd tranny

spare 1.5jz...has a hks built bottem end. ill probably use his later. has a weird japan turbo kit. the exhaust housing has a t2 frame. either it spooled quick and made over 500whp.

some of the parts.....

bllitz twin plate

sard 800cc injectors

autronic sm4 and hks dli, tuning gonna be done by justin izumi

garrett t04z turbo, hopefully itll do 600-700whp

Last edited by redhanded7; 04-07-08 at 01:59 AM. Reason: new pics
Old 03-04-08, 02:13 AM
redhanded7
Driver

here is the donor car. it felt kinda weird chopping up a supra. oh wells!

those 19's are gonna be sold. they are too flashy for me and im not into the whole vip thing. if i have enough money, id like to pick up a set of te37 time attacks. and if somehow i have some spare change in my pocket, a think a clean body kit and fresh respray should do the car right.

some extras that would be nice is a solid cage ( so i can do some legal 10sec passes ), a pair of buckets and a decent sound system. i dont wanna get too carried away, as this car will need to be comfortable enough to drive about 40-50 miles a day. im also an avid surfer, hence the surf racks on the car. ill post more pics when i get some engine work done on the 2j.
Old 03-04-08, 02:28 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice! Cant wait to see the end result. I'm sure it will be a beast

-Smitty
Old 03-04-08, 03:45 PM
rsos1
Rookie

what kind of wheels are those?
Old 03-04-08, 04:09 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

looks like another sickkkk hawaii SC coming...
Old 03-04-08, 04:12 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice project............I love the lips on the wheels.......
Old 03-04-08, 04:13 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rsos1
what kind of wheels are those?
I'll guess AME Shallen.
Old 03-04-08, 05:24 PM
soarer8o8
Driver

Originally Posted by redhanded7
first off its a 92 lexus sc300 automatic. got the car pretty cheap and as it is, its runs awesome. ive built lots of drift nissans before, one of them with a 450whp 1jz, but this is my first toyota/lexus i am building. current mods are simple. tein flex's and some 19's. im not really concerned with looks at the moment, i just want the car to have some decent power and perform.

the plans are to drop in a usdm 2jzgte, 6spd trans, 6spd subframe, single turbo and run an aftermarket standalone system. im hoping to hit about 600-700whp and keep this my daily driver with ac.

here are some starter pics. ill post more as more parts come in and as i make further progress.

as the car sits right now......

6spd tranny

spare 1.5jz...has a hks built bottem end. ill probably use his later. has a weird japan turbo kit. the exhaust housing has a t2 frame. either it spooled quick and made over 500whp.

some of the parts.....

bllitz twin plate

sard 800cc injectors

autronic sm4 and hks dli, tuning gonna be done by justin izumi

garrett t04z turbo, hopefully itll do 600-700whp

sicccckkk man! Can't wait to see it all done with the 2j in...I envy you man...thats my future plans...another sc with a 2jzgte in the works...sweet!
Old 03-04-08, 09:01 PM
redhanded7
Driver

thanks for the good words. hopefully the car comes out good. got some more goodies in the mail today. got my koyo radiator, supra fan shroud, and trans mount and cross member.

still waiting on intercooler, manifold, downpipe and wastegate setup.....those should be here in a few more days. once i get those parts in i can start putting the engine together.

week 1 - im gonna pull the stock motor out as well as the rear sub frame and change out the brakes to the supra setup.

week 2 - install the 2jz with trans and install supra rear sub frame. install radiator, intercooler and other hardware.

week 3 - install gauges and do little detail works.

week 4 - hopefully my autronic harness should be done and the car should be ready to tune.

ill update with pics as soon as i get more parts to show.

if you guys have any questions about the build, please feel free to ask. i know this swap has been done alot of times, but maybe i can add some insight or answer some stray questions.

aloha!
Old 03-07-08, 07:00 PM
redhanded7
Driver

updates.......

a bunch of stuff came in like manifold, wastegate, down pipe and etc. all im waiting for at this moment is the intercooler kit. ill get some pics up soon.

starting next week, im gonna start putting the engine and turbo stuff together and get that ready for install. also the 2jzge and 2jzgte harness will be dropped off to my tuner so he can make my custom autronic harness.

i was really debating if i should drop 1k and buy some cams and valvetrain, but i decided not to. im sure i will be happy with the power it is supposed to make. ill save the upgrades for my next motor build.
Old 03-08-08, 11:36 PM
soarer8o8
Driver

damn can't wait to see this beast on the road! Goodluck! Im sure it'll turn out great...i might just have to pm you more often when im ready to do my swap haha.
Old 03-09-08, 03:16 AM
redhanded7
Driver

Originally Posted by soarer8o8
damn can't wait to see this beast on the road! Goodluck! Im sure it'll turn out great...i might just have to pm you more often when im ready to do my swap haha.
yea no doubt. hit me up if you have any questions.

got the motor put together together. changed timing belt, cam gears, water pump, upgraded timing belt tensioner, manifold, injectors, and all that stuff. ill get pics up tomorow.
Old 03-09-08, 09:17 AM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

How about some specs, on those wheels?
Old 03-09-08, 09:35 AM
redhanded7
Driver

Originally Posted by na4now
How about some specs, on those wheels?
the rims are AME shallens. 19x9.5 and 19x10 or 10.5 with +10 all around.
Old 03-09-08, 03:03 PM
soarer8o8
Driver

I see that you got some spare 2jz...wanna sell me one? haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2jzgte 6spd sc300 build...