Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

EGR delete

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-08, 10:55 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gunnar how well does that run on the stock ECU? I had no idea you could cut out that much. Can those lines on top of the TB (the 3 nipples) see positive and negative pressure or are they check valves?
Old 03-06-08, 12:40 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It runs really well. I have my wastegate ran off of one of those three, the other two are capped off. The coolant lines to the throttle body have been capped off as well to keep the hot coolant from warming up the intake charge. I was warned the lack of coolant through the IACV would make it idle surge in the cold, but it's been freezing this week and it hasn't been giving me any problems.
Old 03-19-08, 01:35 PM
B1TEM3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2jz-ge non turbo, 5 speed

my Egr valve is stuck open (when I put pressure gauge on it, it is not holding the pressure, it just flow through) code 71
Engine idle is surging up and down, 1000rpm-550rpm, when engine is hot (less apparent when the engine is cold)
Sometime the engine surge and dies when I drove it. (I have to maintain rpm above 700rpm, which can be anoying in the stoplight)

I already remove my egr (boostlogic plate installed) and the engine still does that. anybody have a clue, where i should start looking/ figure out what is wrong with it.

Could a vacuum leak cause rpm to go up and down? or bad IACV?

Replaced and cleaned part:
new Replaced distributor rotor and cap
new spark Plugs
Cleaned TB and Y Manifold
Old 03-19-08, 04:43 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm beginning to wonder, because mine does similar; will idle up to 700rpms and then fall a little bit. Sometimes it goes a little higher. Idle fluctates about ~100rpms and its annoying. I dont have my lines on the TB capped off; they are still running to their respective hardlines. I'm beginning to wonder if those hardlines are allowing air to seep in/out since they really dont have anything to go to.

Are your TB lines capped off like Gunnar's?
Old 03-19-08, 09:16 PM
t66sc3
Driver

Mine also has slight idle surge but it only came after EGR delete. In my understanding the IAC will not be compasiting for the air the ECU thinks is comming from the EGR which i left all the sensors plugged in and have not gotten a CEL. I have come to this comclusion after running the stripped down vacuum setup after the stock setup and i am positive i have no vacuum leaks. I did all of my mods one step at a time due to ease needing the car and locating the problems from each mod instead a bunch of them and this was byfar the longest.
Old 04-12-08, 11:39 PM
dumdumgreg
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by B1TEM3
2jz-ge non turbo, 5 speed

my Egr valve is stuck open (when I put pressure gauge on it, it is not holding the pressure, it just flow through) code 71
Engine idle is surging up and down, 1000rpm-550rpm, when engine is hot (less apparent when the engine is cold)
Sometime the engine surge and dies when I drove it. (I have to maintain rpm above 700rpm, which can be anoying in the stoplight)

I already remove my egr (boostlogic plate installed) and the engine still does that. anybody have a clue, where i should start looking/ figure out what is wrong with it.

Could a vacuum leak cause rpm to go up and down? or bad IACV?

Replaced and cleaned part:
new Replaced distributor rotor and cap
new spark Plugs
Cleaned TB and Y Manifold

B1TEM3,
did you ever figure it out?

thanks
Old 04-13-08, 11:22 PM
GS4VIPbOSS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have experience with the 400 for the EGR delete
Old 04-14-08, 12:36 AM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

curious...do JDM motors such as a 1J have EGR systems like we do here in the US?
Old 04-14-08, 08:44 AM
t66sc3
Driver

Nope, but the form for it is still in its cast and some people actually add the egr system for inspection purposes
Old 04-14-08, 11:37 AM
100mgbluep
Lead Lap

Come to think of it, my car starting to surge when fully warm at idle after fully blocking my egr off... I have everything capped off just like Gunnar and the car runs amazing, no cel's, just kind of surges at idle. I think my ngk 3330's have something to do with that as well. A lot of the BPU guys using 3330's say their idle surges a little.
Old 05-01-08, 09:26 AM
twizzler
Rookie

For all those that are running the minimum vacuum lines, what did you do with all of the open ports on the actual intake manifold itself? Wouldn't leaving those ports unplugged under the intake manifold cause the vacuum to leak?

Once you take out the EGR valve, do you just leave the sensor unplugged and not do anything with it? Currently I have the egr valve just sitttng there plugged in and it is dangling in the back

I have a jdm 2jzge motor in my car now and it runs great but it only idle surges when the ac is off and runnng on its own vacuum.
Old 05-01-08, 09:28 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The open ports are capped off or used for something else. While I only have a couple engine vacuum lines I still need vacuum for my heater valve, boost gauge, and MAP sensor.
The following users liked this post:
LEXXIUM (01-04-21)
Old 05-01-08, 09:43 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

My engine never came with a egr but it started surging recently. It turned out to be the tps is going bad. You might want to check if the tps is calibrated right.
My sc300 had the egr delete and a resistor to bypass the code .I never had idle surge issues with mines removed on the 2jzge.
Old 08-24-09, 06:32 AM
DRFT103
Lead Lap

So If I cap off all of my vacuum lines with those little caps from autozone, will they shoot off during high boost? I'd hate for that crap to happen
Old 03-02-11, 11:25 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wat if you are running a electric boost controller would the lack of vac lines be a problem? Because how I see it the direct lines you have running to the waste gate would run like that

Quick Reply: EGR delete