Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sc300 turbo 2jz swap questions

Old 02-24-08, 03:36 PM
sc3002219
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc300 turbo 2jz swap questions

Hey guys, I just signed up to this forum and have a couple quastions regarding my 2jz swap. I have a 1995 sc300 auto, and have purchased a 2jzgte with auto trans from Erics of japan here in Chicago, and will be attmpting the swap within the next month. I've talked to chris at sound performance and he said hell sell me his race auto trans so I might want to sell that stock jdm one. But my questions aren't that tehcnical pertaining the swap, seeing as almost everything should bolt right in. My main questions are:

1. Will a supra exhaust bolt onto the sc300 chassis? I would assume not.
2. Is my car equipped with an lsd or do I have to swap to a supra/trd lsd?
3. Is the stock sc300 auto driveshaft good enough to withstand the twin turbo abuse or is a supra one required?
4. I'd assume I can use the stock ecu or do I have to use the supra one? I would presume the stock ecu needs to be used to retian the gauge cluster, I doubtfully think that the supra one will let the stock gauge cluster work?
5. Are extra vaccuum lines needed whilst performing the swap?

My main plan is to yank the motor and drop the jdm one in over the weekend and start the car and take it to sound perfomance for tuning on the following Monday.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Ryan.
Old 02-24-08, 03:50 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

1. the supra exhaust will bolt up. might need minor modifications. the downpipe will depend on the brand. some bolt up while others need to be modified.

2. the car does not have an lsd. no sc in us came with one. get a mk4 supra tt auto differential and it can be installed in your stock pumpkin. if you get a torsen pumpkin out of a mk4 supra tt it will bolts right in place of your differential.

3. not sure on driveshaft. might be able to use a stock one or get a custom one made.

4.you use the supra tt ecu. you cant use the stock ecu in your car and have it run. the gauges will work fine with a supra tt ecu. if you do a 1jz you need a few resistors to have all gauges work.

5. dont think you need any extra vacuum lines, whatever is on the motor should be suffice.

good luck with swap