Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

'92 Sc300 Repair Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-08, 07:49 AM
LEXUSver
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile '92 Sc300 Repair Update

I would like to express my sincere appreciation to CL and its members who provided me with guidance in restoring my '92 SC300 particularly:

DRIPPING WINDOW: I determined that the electric motor is still OK but the real culprit was the window regulator which was beyond economical repair. So I got one from the dealer for $145. Works now.

THE PASSENGER DOOR CAN ONLY BE UNLOCKED/OPENED ONLY FROM INSIDE. Finding(s): The latch was broke and is not available anywhere including junk yard. I have to buy the whole assembly. It cost about $300 from the dealer. I got one for $40. I removed the existing lock assembly and replaced. Works now.

NO HEATER BUT ALL CONTROLS INSIDE ARE FULLY OPERATIONAL: The check valve for the actuating valve in the engine compartment was installed in reversed/opposite direction. Heater works now.

OUTSTANDING ISSUES:
Remote Key INOP (Installed new battery, resoldered antenna connection)
Trunk with spoiler keep falling (struts needs replacement)
A/C INOP
Power Steering fluid leaks (unable to determine the source of leak(s). There were threads suggesting replacement of seal, but which particular seal?
Climate control - unreadable due to 2/3 bottom part blackened.

My thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails '92 Sc300 Repair Update-door-latch.jpg  

Last edited by LEXUSver; 06-20-15 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-03-08, 10:14 PM
Kruso
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! I bet it put a cramp in your style driving with ladies in your SC with that problem.

Kruso