Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

AemPro Parameter display on PDA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-08, 03:15 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question AemPro Parameter display on PDA?

I prefer to use one small screen to dispaly all my vital engine parameters instead of several gauges.

Does anyone know how to display a few tuning "Parameters" from AEMPro software on a small Personal Digital Assistant like a color Palm Pilot or Dell Axim like device? I'm referring to the "Parameter" box in AEMPro software that simply shows things like Engine Load (boost), 02 readings, Knock voltage, etc. I would only need to display 5 or 6 of these in the simple bar-graph form as in AemPro version 1. I was thinking of something like the "RunTime Display Screen" on this pocket tune software:

http://www.garysphotography.com/pockettune/index.htm

Last edited by dejacky; 01-16-08 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-16-08, 04:10 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dejacky
I prefer to use one small screen to dispaly all my vital engine parameters instead of several gauges.

Does anyone know how to display a few tuning "Parameters" from AEMPro software on a small Personal Digital Assistant like a color Palm Pilot or Dell Axim like device? I'm referring to the "Parameter" box in AEMPro software that simply shows things like Engine Load (boost), 02 readings, Knock voltage, etc. I would only need to display 5 or 6 of these in the simple bar-graph form as in AemPro version 1. I was thinking of something like the "RunTime Display Screen" on this pocket tune software:

http://www.garysphotography.com/pockettune/index.htm
Hey Jacky- The Guage Tech display is the only thing like that ive seen for the EMS .
But in theory, if you can run an OS that could recognize the AEMPRO software , it could be done.
Old 01-16-08, 05:39 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

CantSeeMe,
can you please provide a link to this Gauge Tech display? I've heard about it before and remember reading about it in the past, but was suprised at the high price.

Last edited by dejacky; 01-16-08 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-17-08, 12:49 AM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

CantSeeMe,
can you please provide a link to this Gauge Tech display? I've heard about it before and remember reading about it in the past, but was suprised at the high price.
http://www.gauge-tech.com/

Most of the people that have it seem to really like it. But as you said its not cheap. The other drawback ive heard is if you want it visable while driving, is finding a good location to mount it where it wouldnt look out of place due to its awkward size and shape. And I personally don't care for that suction cup windshield locale.
Anyhow, I E-mailed them 4 times since April trying to order it , with no reply..... Maybe you will have better luck than I did though?
Old 01-17-08, 07:59 AM
qksl2
Pole Position

You can run a serial gauge, connect that to the port on the ems, and scroll through functions using and aux switch to have it read out many different things.

Unfortunately, PLX makes a better multifunction gauge than AEM, with boost, IAT, EGT, and wideband along with knock being all displayed at once. Its quite sad looking, though.

Ian
Old 01-17-08, 11:20 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the gauge-tech. Biggest POS I have ever seen. It went into the trash can

Jonny
Old 01-17-08, 03:25 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dx3
I had the gauge-tech. Biggest POS I have ever seen. It went into the trash can

Jonny
Thanks for that information Jonny. It's nice to know I wasn't crazy thinking it was overpriced for what it appeared to be .
Old 01-18-08, 10:04 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Thanks for that information Jonny. It's nice to know I wasn't crazy thinking it was overpriced for what it appeared to be .
I guess I'm lucky they never answered my E-mail then.......