Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Problem 1JZGTE At high rpms, getting cut/limiter

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-07, 07:55 AM
thegadget
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Problem 1JZGTE At high rpms, getting cut/limiter

When I am in performance mode on the auto(and wot), I am either getting the rev limiter (shouldn't be hitting it, not even close to the red line) or I am getting a boost cut?!?

Not sure what it is, but it is really irritating. Can you guys give me any ideas why it would do this? I would really appreciate it. It is the same thing I am getting when I am hitting the 100-120mph as well. Feels like fuel cut, maybe. Anyway any ideas will help. I am not manually shifting the auto, I am using the performance mode(shouldn't it know when to shift?).

Thanks!!
Old 12-20-07, 08:29 AM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

do u have a fmic? how much boost are you running? use to hit fuel cut all the time with no exhaust due to the lack of restriction by an exhaust system, i have one now and i only hit fuel cut occasionally only when its really cold outside and the ic is working extremely well.
Old 12-20-07, 07:58 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Now I know how it feels when you hit the redline and fuel cut out but, what do you feel when it's boost cut? Does it shudder, like something holding you back? Mine does that on occassion when I am passing around 4k rpm then it back in boost.
Old 12-21-07, 08:27 AM
thegadget
Driver

Talking

Well, got home yesterday, and MY SC300 GUAGE cluster came in!!!!! YAY! At least I will know when I am hitting the limiter.

I still need to get a fuel/air & boost gauge. Haven't got an electric boost controller either. I am working on getting most of this setup, just having a hard time with the engine side of it.
Old 12-21-07, 05:27 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nate579
Now I know how it feels when you hit the redline and fuel cut out but, what do you feel when it's boost cut? Does it shudder, like something holding you back? Mine does that on occassion when I am passing around 4k rpm then it back in boost.
i'm prettysure fuel cut/boost cut is the same, the reason people call it boost cut is because once the map sensor reads too much pressure the fuel injectors are turned off till the pressure drops to the factory level. the feeling you get is complete powerloss, kinda like someone pulling the e-brake.
Old 12-23-07, 10:49 PM
thegadget
Driver

I will try to post a vid of what I am experiencing.
Old 12-24-07, 09:38 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Its probably fuel cut.....You should invest in a boost guage and a fcd.
Old 12-24-07, 10:45 AM
thegadget
Driver

So FCD=Fuel Cut Defencer? Ok, so what guages should I get? I was looking for a boost gauge, then I found a BCU+ Electronic Boost Controller. Will this work for a gauge too? Or should I have both?

Ok, now how would I monitor the air/fuel mix? Would I need a wideband guage?

Well, What gauges do you recommend, and how many? Where can I find a pillar mount?

Oh, did you get a SC300 cluster for your SC4? sc250tt?
Old 12-26-07, 12:05 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by thegadget
So FCD=Fuel Cut Defencer? Ok, so what guages should I get? I was looking for a boost gauge, then I found a BCU+ Electronic Boost Controller. Will this work for a gauge too? Or should I have both?

Ok, now how would I monitor the air/fuel mix? Would I need a wideband guage?

Well, What gauges do you recommend, and how many? Where can I find a pillar mount?

Oh, did you get a SC300 cluster for your SC4? sc250tt?
At least a boost guage and a narrowband. Most boost controllers are more accurate than a guage so if you get one youre good to go. They don't have any pillar mounts for our cars so youwill have to retrofit or make your own . As for the cluster no i did not get a sc3 cluster , not really looking for one .The is alot more onfo on this topic on clublexus so dont be afraid to use the search feature on here.
Old 12-26-07, 03:11 PM
shonuff53
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have to agree with everyone on else on that boost cut issue, up here in pa I just got my swap up (1j) and Im experiencing the same problem with and intercooler and downpipe, troubleshot it and it would only occur and full load next I hooked up a boost meter and as I hit 4k slightly passing 12lbs fuel cut kicked me in my back. now I just bought a hks fcd and am wondering what setting I put it on and which wire on the ecu is my press sensor wire?