Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Anyone run stillway shifter on their 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-07, 08:01 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone run stillway shifter on their 6 speed

Just wondering if anyone has personal hands on with a Stillway shifter.

Here is what the say about it.

"This Japanese Stillway sequential shifter adaptor kit is for your factory Getrag 6 speed transmission. This modification to the factory shifter allows you to lock out the traditional shifting scheme and go sequential. Intended mainly for drag racers you can then do the 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 shifts by simply pulling up or down on the shifter!!! This means NO more missed shifts, ever!!! Shifting is available only in upshift mode, but with a simple flick of the switch you can return to the factory shifting pattern. This part does NOT require the transmission to be dropped and is installed very similar to a short-shifter. The kit contains a special shifter, shifter slider/ring assembly and hardware to attach and utilizes the existing factory main shifter."
Old 12-18-07, 08:26 PM
clevercat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought about getting it for my SC but I decided not to do it after talking to HP Freaks and the online research.

This device basically guides shifter through shift gates from 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4.
Still needs to press clutch and shift. This device makes sure that you can quickly shifting into the next gear by guiding the shifter into the next gear.