Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

for you extrnal wastegate guys.......new boost controller on the market

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-07, 07:53 PM
9secCivic
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for you extrnal wastegate guys.......new boost controller on the market

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The unit itself is very compact and simple. I really like the 1/8npt bung on the unit that gives you the option of running a rubber hose, push lock hose, or stainless braided line....you get to make the choice. Every other unit that I have seen with internal map sensor requires you to run standard rubber/silicon hose. We will most likely use push to lock hose on every unit we install.

The basic install of the unit is very simple: Power and ground to the unit, power to each solenoid, ground to the increase solenoid, and ground to the decrease solenoid.

The input 1 and input 2 can be as simple as installing them on a switch or button, or configuring your EMS outputs to trigger the stages.

The rotary switches are behind the face plate so your friends who ride in the car don't mess with stuff they shouldn't, or you don't accidentally change your settings.

The AMS-500 is c02 compatible, but you can also use manifold pressure if you would like.

It uses the same increase and decrease solenoids as the AMS-1000 which work flawlessly.

There are 2 mounting tabs on the unit that make for easy installation/mounting without the need for double sided tape like other units.

It still uses the same process as the AMS-1000 for regulating boost by applying a target pressure to the top of the waste gate rather than trying to regulate manifold pressure. It also has a time based ramp input available, you can set a ramp rate of 0 that will eliminate the ramp if you would like as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will be testing the unit on a car very soon and will update this thread when we do so. I will do some testing on the dyno and the road. We will use an output from hondata S200 to trigger the inputs on the ams-500 and doing some simple basic switches and buttons for the guys that want to keep it simple.

I am VERY confident this is going to be THE controller to get for the guys who don't need all the features of the ams-1000, or the guys who want a badass boost controller for the street. Also, the awd/rwd guys that don't need as many stages as the ams-1000.
Old 12-17-07, 07:55 PM
9secCivic
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have been working with NLR on this controller for a while, and did some dyno testing with it tonight. it worked amazing. i am very excited about this controller!

we use the AMS-1000 on a lot of the high powered cars, and this is more of an entry level controller thats less than half the price, just doesnt have quiet as many bells and whistles.

more info on NLR's products check out www.nlrsystems.com