Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need a little help from an sc300 owner. (Trans temp)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-07, 11:37 AM
forcefed86
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a little help from an sc300 owner. (Trans temp)

I'm having tranny temp sensor problems. When the BL tranny was installed they left the tranny temp sensor unplugged. So I get a flashing OD light randomly and the trans acts funky. (not wanting to shift until high RPMS at times, not going into OD when it's suppose to etc...)

Anyway problem i'm having is I can't find the wiring for the sensor? I found the sensor it's right on the FWD tranny cooler line. Can someone crawl under there car and tell me where the wire going down to the temp sensor comes from?

I looked all over the damn engine bay and can't find it... Help a brother out!
Old 12-11-07, 12:30 AM
forcefed86
Pole Position

No one can trace there trans temp wires back to the engine bay and tell me where the connector is? C'mon I'd do it for you guys!
Old 12-13-07, 12:28 PM
forcefed86
Pole Position

Bump.... please?
Old 12-13-07, 01:27 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Shoot a PM towards mitsuguy. He's helped me out with diagrams and tests and things of that nature.
Old 12-14-07, 12:42 AM
forcefed86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gunnar
Shoot a PM towards mitsuguy. He's helped me out with diagrams and tests and things of that nature.
Thanks I'll do that.

But I really don't need help with diagrams etc. I have the wiring diagrams. It's only a 2 wire sensor on the trans. I need the wire that connects the trans temp to the engine bay, and the location of the actual plug that that wire plugs into.

Technically I could run new wire from the trans temp sender to the computer. I just thought it would be easier if someone could trace those wires back to the engine bay and tell me where the plug is so I wouldn't have to re wire everything myself.
Old 12-14-07, 04:55 AM
LGR95SC300
Driver School Candidate

I will look at mine tonight IF I ever get it back from the shop. They have been doing the heater core since Monday I am thinking they broke my dash and had to wait on a replacement.. guess we will see heh I already told them if I see one piece of duct tape or wire..
Old 12-14-07, 09:48 AM
forcefed86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LGR95SC300
I will look at mine tonight IF I ever get it back from the shop. They have been doing the heater core since Monday I am thinking they broke my dash and had to wait on a replacement.. guess we will see heh I already told them if I see one piece of duct tape or wire..
Yea I hear thats a bear of a job!

It would be great if U could help me out. Even knowing the general location of where the wire is going or coming from would help. I found one 2 pin plug on the driver side over by the EGR area. And it's just hanging there. I starting to think that may be it. I'll get out the old multimeter and check it to the pins on the back of the computer this weekend.

THANKS!

Old 12-14-07, 04:24 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by forcefed86
Thanks I'll do that.

But I really don't need help with diagrams etc. I have the wiring diagrams. It's only a 2 wire sensor on the trans. I need the wire that connects the trans temp to the engine bay, and the location of the actual plug that that wire plugs into.

Technically I could run new wire from the trans temp sender to the computer. I just thought it would be easier if someone could trace those wires back to the engine bay and tell me where the plug is so I wouldn't have to re wire everything myself.
I understand that, I just thought he might be able to do something. When my gas gauge wasn't working he showed me how to test the circuits to test the cluster itself.
Old 01-05-08, 05:55 PM
forcefed86
Pole Position

Well it took me a long time but I think I fixed this as well. The wire harness plug for the trans temp switch is right next to the EGR plug. Installed a 9k ohm reistor and my blinking OD light went out. Now the ECM just thinks the trans oil temp is @ normal working temp all the time.

So far this is working fine. If I have any issues Ill post them. And I don't reccomend doing this unless U have an after market tranny temp gauge, which I do.

Here is the location. And both the EGR and Trans temp plugs with resistors.

Old 01-06-08, 12:45 AM
forcefed86
Pole Position

I spoke to soon! the evil flashing OD light came back! Can anyone confirm that is the trans temp plug?

I am running a 1994 NA supra ECM with a 1996 OBDII sc300 wiring harness.

Thanks!
Old 01-06-08, 09:31 AM
crx378
Pole Position

not to be off topic but what was your trans temp running at during normal driving. ill take a look at car later today to see if i can locate that plug.