Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need Help!!!!!!!! (also, teach me to search and post thread titles!!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-07, 07:41 PM
hyn_stunna
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!!!!!!!! (also, teach me to search and post thread titles!!!!)

OK well i searched and searched but still dont have enough info...

Well I posted up earlier that my car didnt start symptoms were the radio shut off electrical dash lights came on ABS Battery and something else dont remember...well I changed the battery and alternator because my alt wasnt putting enough volts out...car starts runs but dash lights still dim and flicker when I put on my turn signal or, shift gears(auto) and turn on my head lights...Would like to know whats the problem cause I have a brand new battery and alternator...I have a 93 sc400 auto 100k miles...plz let me know asap! thanks
Old 11-04-07, 08:03 PM
Rexn30
Pole Position

Your not the only one ! My dash lights never work
Old 11-04-07, 08:39 PM
TRDRacer
Driver

Ok so it has to be electrical! One suggestion I can make is that it might be bad ground wires! Try looking for ground wires and cleaning both surfaces (the wire and the metal it touches) and tightening them down! I had this problem with my car and I when I went to replace my ground wires I saw that some had gotten loose and some were just Corroded. So after I replaced them everything worked fine! Also might want to check the fuses and the bulbs. Those are the only three things that I think can cause those simptons to happen!

Good Luck!

If you need a wiring diagram of the car I can send it to you! It's kinda complicated but gives you every wire and were it is connected!
Old 11-04-07, 09:00 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

First off, you did a great job searching. You wont always find the answers to your questions but at least you can try. I used to have the same problem you had. Im on my second alternator because of an oil leak I had. My instrument panel would be kind of dim even before the alternator goes bad. I soon came to a conclusion that my ground was in pretty bad shape. Not only was it not tight enough but it was all covered in filth and corrosion. I went ahead and purchased the Circle Earth grounding kit from HKS and the dimming went away. You might want to check that big negative wire coming out of the battery.
Old 11-28-07, 11:49 AM
goodwinj
Driver School Candidate

Good Afternoon TRDRacer. I was reading your post and I am interested in getting the wiring Duagram if you don't mind. Could you email it to me at goodwin20@verizon.net or jg8461@att.com ? I really would appreciate it. Thanks,

Justin