Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Couple issues with my 95 SC400

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-07, 12:02 AM
Lucky Devin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple issues with my 95 SC400

Hey all, I think I have the record for poster here that has been here the longest with the fewest posts

Anyway, a few lil problems led me to contact you guys once more. I still cannot get the idiots at the local Lexus dealershp to order me the one piece I need to hookup my headlight bulb. They keep telling me I have to buy the entire assembly when in reality all I need is a friggin wire I can plug the bulb into that connects to the rest of the car. There was one on e-bay someone here pointed out a while back, but I missed my opp on that one as I didn't have the funds at the time.

What I beleive to be my battery has just went dead. I jumped in my car one morning headed to work when I heard that infamous click-click-click-click-click BS. Jumped it off, no problems. Two weeks later the same thing happened after having no issues since then, I jumped it off, and was off on my merry way. I got home, and the battery just stopped jumping completely. We took it to my boy's VW dealership to have the battery tested, turns out there was a dead cell. Any pointers on where I can pick up a cheap-ish one, as I am looking to sell my current SC for a '97 SC300 that I plan on turbocharging.

One more thing, something is very wrong with my power steering. When I have my dubs on the car, it leaks like there is no tomorrow, and I have to put in new fluid weekly. Now that I am riding stock, the car emits this HORRIBLE noise when I first crank it, and when I make low speed turns until the car is fully warmed up. I have no problem turning the wheel really, just the noise makes it sound so, so awful. Any idea on what may be causing this?

Thanks in advance guys, take care.
Old 11-03-07, 12:25 AM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My battery died recently, too and I picked up a Daralast Gold or something at AutoZone, or any auto parts store. I wanted to get the best one but the cheaper ones are probably fine.
Old 11-03-07, 12:28 AM
Lucky Devin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400-95
My battery died recently, too and I picked up a Daralast Gold or something at AutoZone, or any auto parts store. I wanted to get the best one but the cheaper ones are probably fine.
The Lexus dealer wanted 120 for a battery and I pretty much said f*** that.

How much did you pay for yours, BTW if you don't mind?