Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Thinking about buying this Soarer...

Old 09-10-07, 05:46 AM
Chaser07
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about buying this Soarer...

What would you guys pay for this car....? 550+-rwhp..Just needs body & interior work. Thinking about pulling the trigger on this once the new tranny gets put in next week.

Old 09-10-07, 06:00 AM
Chaser07
Driver

Default Cost

Originally Posted by Chaser07
What would you guys pay for this car....? 550+-rwhp..Just needs body & interior work. Thinking about pulling the trigger on this once the new tranny gets put in next week.

I can already tell you he's not getting what he asked for it. He has it listed for $18,000 and I was planning on offering him $14,000 with a new tranny. I knew the original owner and got to ride in it to "Bike Nite" here in Dallas...Which we did beat some 750's out there. That included me, the driver and his brother being in the car.
Old 09-10-07, 06:31 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chaser07
I can already tell you he's not getting what he asked for it. He has it listed for $18,000 and I was planning on offering him $14,000 with a new tranny. I knew the original owner and got to ride in it to "Bike Nite" here in Dallas...Which we did beat some 750's out there. That included me, the driver and his brother being in the car.
Low ball him, sorry that car is still not worth 14k in my eyes. Even if it has 550hp. The entire interior is gone. Luxury cars should have luxury in them to cost a luxury amount of money. The body is in good condition just missing some parts.
Old 09-10-07, 07:45 AM
Chaser07
Driver

Default Original selling price

Originally Posted by Koma
Low ball him, sorry that car is still not worth 14k in my eyes. Even if it has 550hp. The entire interior is gone. Luxury cars should have luxury in them to cost a luxury amount of money. The body is in good condition just missing some parts.

Supposedly those pics were taken when the car was being used as a drift car. The interior of the car is sitting in his garage, still in tact with no problems. Just has to be put back in, but I was going to customize it myself anyways.

Both, the original owner and the current owner, I know personally. I got with the original owner and heard that the car was sold to the current owner for 10 grand...With out a transmission. I have no clue how much the new tranny is going to cost but I told him 13k to give keep him in the "loop". I plan on fully restoring this car to show quality and then flipping it within 3 years.

I do know that this car "may not" be worth that much, but I am tryign to look at the long term "profit" picture rather than nickle and diming him over a grand. This car is basically my dream "project car" and I don't want to let it go, but I just need some additional second opinions before I pull the trigger.

Thank you very much for your input though, I will take no offense to anyone's opinions on this car, if someone has something to add to the last comment.
Old 09-10-07, 02:53 PM
jdmjzz30
Lead Lap

Damn.........14K, I should import Soarer over to the US. Is that registered to drive on US Roads, or just a show, competition car.
Old 09-10-07, 04:27 PM
Chaser07
Driver

Default U.S Registered

Originally Posted by jdmjzz30
Damn.........14K, I should import Soarer over to the US. Is that registered to drive on US Roads, or just a show, competition car.

Yea it is U.S. registered and here in Texas. It's really more of a project car than anything.. Not up to show or competition standards yet.
Old 09-10-07, 04:34 PM
zero442
Driver School Candidate

14k is one heck of a project car. with the interior it should be nice tho
Old 09-10-07, 06:54 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

wow, even with 550hp, i would not fork over more than 8k for that car, it looks like every other busted *** 240 out there (no offense). the 8k would be for the performance, the rest of that car is not worth anything
Old 09-10-07, 07:55 PM
Chaser07
Driver

Default Transmission

Originally Posted by CCC-TT
wow, even with 550hp, i would not fork over more than 8k for that car, it looks like every other busted *** 240 out there (no offense). the 8k would be for the performance, the rest of that car is not worth anything
I am meeting with the owner of the car in an hour to go take another peek. He has informed me that there will be a new transmission in the car if and when I buy it. He said it's currently tuned at around 550rwhp(pump gas) to be a daily driver not sure what the boots is set at. I need to find out what kinda turbo is in the car though...I will get back to you all on that...

DOES ANYBODY WANT TO TAKE A WILD GUESS AT WHAT'S IN IT JUST BY LOOKING AT THE PICS?.. HAHA

ALSO...If anybody knows any WELL KNOWN tunner shops here in Dallas that would like to take on a life long customer, I'd like to check a couple out. I do have ALOT of plans for this car and pretty excited that I MIGHT have something new to tinker with. My current vehicle, IS350, doesn't have enough things to fool around with to keep me busy.
Old 09-11-07, 12:16 PM
WebStarr
Pole Position

How many miles on the car? Are engine internals still stock? What tranny is the guy going to hook up? R154? V160? You gotta give us more info on the car if you really wanna know how much to pay. Also, what type of engine management is being used? What interior is going to give you? I see he has a black dash, but the rest of the remaining interior is tan.
Old 09-11-07, 01:21 PM
Chaser07
Driver

Default Details

Originally Posted by WebStarr
How many miles on the car? Are engine internals still stock? What tranny is the guy going to hook up? R154? V160? You gotta give us more info on the car if you really wanna know how much to pay. Also, what type of engine management is being used? What interior is going to give you? I see he has a black dash, but the rest of the remaining interior is tan.
I should have more details shortly...He said he was going to email them to me. I am pretty sure that the internals are the same as far as the head, pistons, & rods go. I do know that it has a Mines ECU, and APEXi mgmt. The interior consists of 2 PRIDE racing seats, the rear leather seats, original carpet. The dash will be sold as is...