Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

I just got my 1jz clip!!

Old 07-30-07, 06:24 PM
uenolove
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just got my 1jz clip!!

Hey guys i was wondering if everyone could pitch in a little knowledge and help me put together a great step by step thread.

I just got my soarer clip 1jz clip its pretty much all complete. I will be putting it in my sc400 within the month or so. Me and some thai dudes down at somethingjdm.com are trying to do but they dont really know how to considering they mostly deal with honda swaps. I am going to get my wiring done so that takes care of that. just pretty much i was just asking for info on the swap, common problems/mistakes, and a rough step by step diy would be awesome.

thanks everyone for giving me the motivation to try and tackle this.
Old 07-30-07, 06:58 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

theres not really a step by step, especially with the sc400. also any info that you will need can be found very easily by SEARCHING. i believe there is one person on here (sc250tt) who swapped a 1jz into a sc400, try talking to him about it
Old 07-30-07, 09:06 PM
uenolove
Rookie

hey man i been searching. You tell that to like everyone who asks a question. I may not have many posts but im not a newb i just read and dont post.anyways i got the 1jz and i need to stick it in, i was just hoping that some of sc3 and sc4 swap guys could give me some info like basic steps and problems. I know there is no step by step guide thats why i asked for people to compile there info and then we can make a rough sketch of one here. Im sure there is many people who would be glad to have that info.
Anyways i tried pm'in sc250tt and he never responded. maybe he was busy or didnt see it doesnt matter but yea sc250tt if you see this any info you got would be great.
Old 07-31-07, 06:45 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

hey whats up man sorry if i did not reply to you pm i get alot of pm,s concerning the swap everyday some get replied and some dont .but anyways since you have a front clip all you will need is the soarer or sc300 front half of the drive shaft .everything else just need to swap over to your car .you will need to swap the:
1.radiator
2.powersteering lines/ac lines
3.powersteering resivior
4.Driveshaft
5.coolant tank

now depending on the year of your donor engine and your car you will have to rewire the alternator,then extend the bodyplugs NOT ECU plugs,wire up the cel wire,ground the borwn wire on ik1 for temp and bypass resistor 109 (R72,R22) depending on the year of your car if you have a pre 95 its 109
Old 07-31-07, 07:11 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, Ill buy the cruise control cable from you !
Old 07-31-07, 06:08 PM
uenolove
Rookie

thanks alot man.. i really appreciate it. Im pretty sure we will be able to handle it but info from a person who has already done it is a sure plus. I will tell the guys at the shop soon about this. Hopefully by the end of august ill have my 1jz!!!! one question for sc250tt though, is the 1jz hella faster or just a lil faster or not that big of a difference?? sorry im just antsy to find out
Old 08-01-07, 08:37 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by uenolove
thanks alot man.. i really appreciate it. Im pretty sure we will be able to handle it but info from a person who has already done it is a sure plus. I will tell the guys at the shop soon about this. Hopefully by the end of august ill have my 1jz!!!! one question for sc250tt though, is the 1jz hella faster or just a lil faster or not that big of a difference?? sorry im just antsy to find out
i pull on v8's all day.these are some cars i beat with a slight boost leak and old plugs
1. mustang gt
2.charger r/t
3.540i
Old 08-01-07, 09:03 AM
jm94tt
Driver School Candidate

Default cel wire

Trent, what needs to be done with the CEL wire?
Old 08-01-07, 05:24 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Originally Posted by uenolove
hey man i been searching. You tell that to like everyone who asks a question. I may not have many posts but im not a newb i just read and dont post.anyways i got the 1jz and i need to stick it in, i was just hoping that some of sc3 and sc4 swap guys could give me some info like basic steps and problems. I know there is no step by step guide thats why i asked for people to compile there info and then we can make a rough sketch of one here. Im sure there is many people who would be glad to have that info.
Anyways i tried pm'in sc250tt and he never responded. maybe he was busy or didnt see it doesnt matter but yea sc250tt if you see this any info you got would be great.
oh my bad, i thought you were asking where one was, i do like the idea of trying to get a thread started that would compile everyones info to get a step by step started. but good luck with the sc4 swap, it should be interesting to see
Old 08-01-07, 05:25 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

btw, how hard is it going to be for you to change the motor mounts?
Old 08-01-07, 06:01 PM
uenolove
Rookie

Originally Posted by rocessk3
btw, how hard is it going to be for you to change the motor mounts?
HAHA i dont even know. I havtn done it yet. i heard its pretty much an easy thing not much different then an sc3 but i guess sc250tt would know more bout that haha.

And for that cruise control cable.. we'll see bout it jsut remember to let me know cuz everything that i dont use i will probably try to sell to recouperate some of the cash i spent.

Oh yea does anyone no what oil filter fits the 1jz??is it the 2jz??i found the plugs for it they were like mr2 turbo plugs. Does anyone else know other preventative maintanaince items like serp belt, air filter...whatever..

Im getting the compression test done tonight im hella scared i hope everything turns out good,,wish me luck
Old 08-03-07, 12:02 PM
hybridrift
Driver

i got the 2jz oil filter for mine and it works fine.
Old 08-03-07, 12:20 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Changing mounts is easy. When removing a JZ motor from a clip or engine bay, you disconnect the mounts from the subframe by getting underneath the car/clip; they are very easy to get to. IIRC they are a 17mm nut.

Once the engine comes out, the mounts will probably already be broken. To remove them from the engine, you unbolt the big single nut that holds the remainder of the mount onto the "mount-arm" that connects to the engine.

Install of new mounts is reverse of removal, very easy. Pick up later model Supra mounts for a cheaper version over the Lexus mounts (which are $$$). You need the later model MKIV "short" mounts (I think they changed in mid 96)

One of the forum sponsors has them for cheap.

Serpentine belt is the same as far as I know since all accessories mount below the head.. Oil filter is the same too. Use NGK 6097 (BKR7E) plugs for it.