Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz missing at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-07, 06:24 AM
mattsmall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz missing at WOT

so my 1jz has been working fine untill one night the wastegate line poped of my tial 44mm fried the spark plug in cylinder 4 so i replaced all the spark plugs and the vac line to the wastegate now my car is missing at wide open throttle so i check for vac leaks and nothing checked the coils and they all have about .8 on the multimeter which i belive is fine. i have also checked the injectors and there all working the wideband is reading 11.8-12.5 A/F at 11psi. i have also done a compression test everything is between 160 and 150psi. im running stock injectors, stock ecu, stock map has anyone else had this problem?

also when the cam gears are at TDC should the crank be at 0 / 5 / 10 ?

iv got ngk br7e's or the 3330 gaped at .28, think if i went with a different plug it would help?

also if anyone has any 1jz mechanical experience in maryland i will drive the car to you to check this out.

some older pictures to get an idea, but yeah only thing that is different is the new wastegate lines.

Last edited by mattsmall; 07-30-07 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-30-07, 07:36 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Are the coilpack connectors new or did they come with the motor? They tend to go brittle in time and the heat produced by the motor sends them into warp zone. I had that problem on my old Soarer (all of them were fried).
Old 07-30-07, 07:49 AM
mattsmall

Originally Posted by BLK13X
Are the coilpack connectors new or did they come with the motor? They tend to go brittle in time and the heat produced by the motor sends them into warp zone. I had that problem on my old Soarer (all of them were fried).
you talking about the little rubbler connectors on the bottom of the coil pack that connects to the spark plug? last time i checked they were still nice soft and rubbery. i think im going to swap out to some 2jz coils if i cant figure it out this is really pissing me off it just started to miss and iv had the car for 2 years
Old 07-31-07, 11:05 AM
Psionic
Lead Lap

I have heard that increasing the gap on sparkplugs helps with that? I think I read that over on supraforums...
Old 07-31-07, 08:37 PM
mattsmall

Originally Posted by Psionic
I have heard that increasing the gap on sparkplugs helps with that? I think I read that over on supraforums...

i played with the gap today its gotta ether be the FPR went bad or the coils are messing up im going to see what it is when jeff at turbo east gets back. for now its time to dd the cbr 600