Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

found these headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-07, 06:33 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default found these headers

looks like we got some high class headers for sale now.. dunno if this is a repost. but the price isnt to bad. and it could add maybe a couple hp. anyone got these?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-S...spagenameZWDVW
Old 07-30-07, 02:12 AM
habitat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1sxyrxy
looks like we got some high class headers for sale now.. dunno if this is a repost. but the price isnt to bad. and it could add maybe a couple hp. anyone got these?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-S...spagenameZWDVW
Saying "OBX" and "high class" in the same sentence is sacrilege
Old 07-30-07, 02:46 AM
lexus_tt
Driver School Candidate

in your sig it says stock. turbo coming, then why would you get this?
Old 07-30-07, 07:12 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For sale is headers for the 1992-1997 Lexus SC300. Made from 304 stainless steel, the header comes with a lifetime warranty from OBX Racing Sports. Because it is stainless steel, it will not rust from the enviornments. Perfect upgrade for those wanting more power out of the 6 cylinder engine. With the slightly larger runners over the stock design, low to mid end torque and hp can be expected. System also utilizes a small flex joint to allow for proper expansion as well as being able to absorb engine vibration so that welds to not prematurely break. Please view the pictures below as this is exactly what will be shipping.

The grammar errors alone warrant running for the hills!!!!!
Old 07-30-07, 10:47 AM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd rather have stock headers.
Old 07-30-07, 11:56 AM
habitat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mkorsu
For sale is headersSystem also utilizes a small flex joint to allow for proper expansion as well as being able to absorb engine vibration so that welds to not prematurely break.
Upon further inspection, why is it that it only has 1 "small flex joint"? I suppose the other threes cylinders are not able to absorb engine vibration which points to its "well engineered" product. (by well engineered I of course mean crap.)
Old 07-30-07, 10:02 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

I'm surprised theres no love on these at all?
I definately understand the quality concerns ..... But if its functional at all, a $300 bolt on that loses that SC300 Y-precat BS alone!= from me........Actually it looks like it will eliminate both cats??
Its at least worth looking into if you ask me.....
Old 07-30-07, 11:47 PM
turbochris
Driver

Originally Posted by habitat
Saying "OBX" and "high class" in the same sentence is sacrilege

Outback Products .....aka ..."OBX" sells a lot of very nice products. I used to be a distributor when I had my shop a few years back. I personally used there underdrive pulley and cam gears in our shop race car and they worked great. Sold a lot of there products with no complaints from customers.

chris w
Old 08-05-07, 01:30 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

i was being sarcastic in the first sentence. ive almost finished my turbo kit but i was just wondering if anyone was running these.
Old 08-08-07, 07:07 PM
Durrr
Lead Lap

many years ago, i had a set of mild steel headers on my accord, worked great until i sold it 60,000 miles later
Old 08-08-07, 11:57 PM
habitat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by turbochris
Outback Products .....aka ..."OBX" sells a lot of very nice products. I used to be a distributor when I had my shop a few years back. I personally used there underdrive pulley and cam gears in our shop race car and they worked great. Sold a lot of there products with no complaints from customers.

chris w
I don't think we're talking about the same OBX...
http://www.obxracingsports.com/index.php
Old 08-09-07, 10:10 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There's a guy with a turbo Integra here (well, he moved to California) that was up in the 700-800 whp range, he went through two Quaife differentials before buying an OBX one and giving it a nice once-over, hasn't had any problems since.

You can pick up XERD (now MVP) headers for $350 used usually, they claim a 17whp gain over stock which is definitely a kick in the pants. Might as well give these a shot and see how they work for you? Then sell them when it becomes turbo time.
Old 08-09-07, 10:27 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by habitat
Upon further inspection, why is it that it only has 1 "small flex joint"? I suppose the other threes cylinders are not able to absorb engine vibration which points to its "well engineered" product. (by well engineered I of course mean crap.)

The MVP/XERD one doesn't even have a flex section.
Old 08-09-07, 02:09 PM
habitat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gunnar

The MVP/XERD one doesn't even have a flex section.
Understandable, I by no means see it as a requirement. But I figured if you're gunna put on it, why not put two?
Old 08-09-07, 04:01 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Understandable.

Either way I think $300 for that header and midpipe (especially when someone like myself already has a catback) is a pretty good deal when the MVP one is $500 without the midpipe.

Quick Reply: found these headers