Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Pondering my intake setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-07, 10:38 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pondering my intake setup

I currently have the Injen intake on my car. I've thought about putting my stock intake back on to do the BFI, but as I have a harder and harder time figuring out where I threw my stock intake last fall I'm becoming more inclined to stick with the Injen.

I've searched to look further into this and most of the Injen threads I've found were for other models. I put it on when the car was otherwise stock and definitely noticed a nice difference, though I've heard of some people having issues with them. Is it worth it to switch back or since I've already spent the money should I just stick with it? I'm already planning on building a few of the BFI plates, should I just make an airbox enclosure for the Injen?

Or, if I were to find/buy another stock airbox, does anybody run the Injen intake tube and a BFI'd airbox on the other side?

My car's taken apart right now to do plugs/alternator anyway, and it's not my daily driver, I'm just trying to maximize the potential of what I've got. Any suggestions would be welcome!
Old 07-10-07, 11:44 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

id say make an airbox enclosure for your injen intake and then do the rest of the BFI process and you should have good results, try it and see what happens, it cant be a huge deal if it doesnt work out
Old 07-10-07, 02:33 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am doing that with my apex intake as we speak so i will take some pics
Old 07-10-07, 04:33 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rocessk3
id say make an airbox enclosure for your injen intake and then do the rest of the BFI process and you should have good results, try it and see what happens, it cant be a huge deal if it doesnt work out
I think I'll give that a shot. Like you said, if it doesn't work out right I've already got the rest of the BFI stuff in place for the stock airbox to go back in.