Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Clutch Fork Lubing?

Old 06-24-09, 11:11 AM
xzeus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Fork Lubing?

I was trying to find a diagram, pictures, instructions of how to grease/lube the clutch fork and the pivot point w/out dropping the tranny (such as through the bell housing hole). Its been sqeaking lately and wanted a better perspective of where to grease or spray lithium at. I know one point is where the slave meets the fork and another in the bell housing, but i cant really see in the bell housing itself. I did spray some lithium a while ago but the noise came back, thinking of trying actual grease this time but wanted to makes sure im greasing the correct area. If anyone has any detailed info or hints, i would appreciate it!
Old 06-24-09, 11:16 AM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

on the end of the fork there are two fingers that are engaged to the clutch throwout bearing and there is the pivot ball halfway up the fork. Both of those are just about impossible to get without taking the tranny off itself. You might get to the fingers, but the pivot ball is out of the question.
Old 06-24-09, 11:29 AM
xzeus
Rookie

Thanks for the quick response. not the response i wanted to hear but thanks! i guess i gotta live with it for now and wait till i do maintenance or start spraying every other week.