Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC300 factory exhaust options fighting a ticket

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-07, 07:33 PM
1jhazzard
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC300 factory exhaust options fighting a ticket

Hey i got a ticket yesterday for having a muffler that changes the way the car sounded from the factory. now i seem to remember reading somewhere that the sc300 came with a factory option of an HKS or other big name company exhaust. anyone have this info. i'm fighting this ticket in court and would like this as part of my information.
Old 05-25-07, 11:04 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

HKS as an option? I wish! But I dont think it was. How about posting pics of what your exhaust looks like.
Old 05-25-07, 11:25 PM
turbochris
Driver

[QUOTE=1jhazzard;2648698]Hey i got a ticket yesterday for having a muffler that changes the way the car sounded from the factory. now i seem to remember reading somewhere that the sc300 came with a factory option of an HKS or other big name company exhaust. anyone have this info. i'm fighting this ticket in court and would like this as part of my information.[/QUOTE

Damn and i thought Texas was strict........So there are no cars running around with mods on them were you live? Sounds like you just got a cop that didnt have his donut for the day....

chris w
Old 05-26-07, 02:49 AM
1jhazzard
Rookie

there are some pics of my car floating around on the forum i will have to dig them out again to post to repost them. I could have sworn there was some company that partnered with lexus when the sc3 came out to offer an after market exhaust from the factory. maybe it wasnt HKS but it was some big company. as for mod'd cars around here. no there are mod'd cars in various forms all over the place. lots and lots of evos and STI's, bunch of really good 350Z's, more f-body domestics than i can count. even a few last gen RX-7's that have been tastefully done. i dont know what this cops deal was i have never heard of anybody around here getting a muffler ticket before. either way i am fighting it. if anybody has good info that i can use in court such as benefits of after market mufflers i would really appreciate it. oh as a side note my car is 3in all the back from the down pipe to a HKS hi-power muffler. single not dual.