Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What need to keep from Soarer Clip for 1jz swap??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-07, 12:28 PM
jefferino
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What need to keep from Soarer Clip for 1jz swap??

Okay besides the obvious stuff like pulling the harness and leaving everything on the engine, what else should I make sure to keep from my soarer clip to do my 1jz swap?

I have done some searches and can't really come up with a solid answer. I am thinking about using the radiator from my clip and the SMIC for now so those will be out also. Can I use the IP? Might be kinda fun since I have the thing and the only way that I can see all my stuff is to hit the side of the dash to get the lights to turn back on

**Edit: I will keep alot just in case but what will I NEED to keep/use for the swap?**

Is there anything out there like a service manual picture that has identifications of the engine bay? I know that in some basic manuals they have schematics that show what is all in the bay with call outs.

Thanks for the help, just trying to get this swap started and want to take my time and be sure everything is done right. I have had bad experiences with shops helping me out and friends with previous projects/cars so I am going to tackle this one myself to be sure it is done right. May take me longer but hey...better to take more time and be right than to pay a shop to do it and worry if they took shortcuts....

Last edited by jefferino; 05-23-07 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-23-07, 12:37 PM
blaznsc4
Lexus Test Driver

keep everything. you never know when you'll need something off of the clip later on down the road. i regret tossing mines away.
Old 05-23-07, 01:36 PM
jefferino
Lead Lap

Yea I will keep a bunch of stuff for sure but I think I should have clarified a little in saying what out of the ordinary will I need to keep/use for the swap...

Will the mounts from the clip work for the swap or will I need to get supra TT mounts? Just a random thought I am thinking about right now...