Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in these?
Yes
84.07%
No
15.93%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

SC400 Turbo Manifolds that keep the AC and PS?

Old 05-10-07, 03:43 PM
Kevin@MVP
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC400 Turbo Manifolds that keep the AC and PS?

Hi guys,

We here at MVP are still showing that we are dedicated to Lexus performance. Here are the first pics of the TTC Performance Products Toyota V8 TT manifolds. These KILLER manifolds were built exclusively for TTC Performance Products by Frank @ Boss Autosports. Exclusive meaning don't call him asking for them because he won't make them for anyone but TTC Performance . Boss Autosports is the only ones to have cracked the code in keeping the AC and PS in the stock location on the V8TT projects. TTC Performance is VERY picky when it comes to MVP's products, especially when it comes to V8 projects, and these manifolds are the best of the best when it comes to the V8TT. They're made with thick wall stainless piping, and the CNC machines stainless V-band is an outstanding touch!

Is there any interest in these if we orchestrate a group buy?

[/QUOTE]
Old 05-10-07, 05:37 PM
c0wboy
Banned

You guys asked for it, you guys got it!!!

This is GREAT news for the SC400 community. Mcuh thanks to MVP Motorsports for allowing us to offer these turbo manifolds to the SC400 community. These manifolds are of the highest quality and wil work with the SC400, GS400, GS430, and SC430. They are geared towards the DIY guy who can handle the rest fo the turbo install.

We provide the hard part If there is enough interest in these, we are more than happy to offer a group buy. These manifolds feature:

*** Thick wall stainless steel constucton

*** CNC V-band connections

*** Heat wrapping complimentary

*** 1 year limited warrantee against cracking

*** Made right here in the USA!!

Again, with these manifolds, the SC400 can finally be brought into the realm of high performance!!

Old 05-10-07, 06:17 PM
over40driv
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good, personally I am short of both time and money right now. Thought Id send in an honest response.
Old 05-10-07, 08:07 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any pictures of the manifold and engine in the car?
Old 05-10-07, 08:22 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Here we are. This is on Steve's SC with a bare Toyota V8 dropped in so we can test fit items like these turbo mani's. The driver side is close to the rail but actually doesn't come into contact, and the passenger side has enough room to accomodate a single 3" downpipe or dual 2.5" downpipes.

Full frontal view of the motor with turbo manifolds installed, and ready to drop in.

Last edited by c0wboy; 05-10-07 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-10-07, 11:38 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good looking stuff, Eric... Looks like all my hard work, sweat, tears, and money helped out the community...I am glad for that. All you guys wanting to turbo your SC, here they are...I spent over 1.5 years finding the right man to create these headers, and I am glad that Eric and MVP have collaborated with Frank to get these made exclusively for the community. As I mentioned in former posts, I have no interest in trying to build a business in tuning Lexus autos at this time, so I am excited that Eric has brought this to market for you all to take advantage of...

I can assure you that these headers fit and work in the engine bay of the SC.

Jump on it!!!

Ryan
Old 05-11-07, 06:12 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice, id be interested in seeing some turbo's strapped on it. what size turbo's can we use? mig or tig'd? possibility of ceramic coating?

thanks
Old 05-11-07, 06:48 AM
c0wboy
Banned

They appear to be tig'd. Here's pics of Frank making a set

That's not me BTW, I couldn't weld two sticks of gum togther...

Here are also the quality of the welds:

I would venture tho say that an owner could strap something as large as twin 61's for big HP, or something as small as twin GT28's for instant throttle response.

And also many thanks to Ryan (SC400TT). His car has been the test bed for these turbo manifolds and with his permission I'd like to post a pic of his engine bay with the turbo manifolds installed and his turbos in place.

We also can look into ceramic coating as an option if we go ahead with a group buy. I know that some folks don't want heat wrap, so we'll be happy to get a quote for ceramic coating.

Thanks again!

Eric
Old 05-11-07, 07:05 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

It looks great guys, nice work! Also, if the manifold steel is strong enough, you can ceramic coat and heatwrap them.
Old 05-11-07, 09:44 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had the money and the time, I'd be getting this and a V160 swap. Mild tune for street use, 500HP.
Old 05-11-07, 09:54 AM
c0wboy
Banned

I'd say it's strong. We're putting a 1 year limited warrantee on these against cracking. If any of these crack, we'll fix them free of charge. That's how serious we are, and how confident we are about these.

Here are pics of the stainless steel wall thickness

If you guys want these, let's hear about it and we'll initiate a group buy. From what I've been reading, the only think holding the SC400 back was the lack of good blt on turbo manifolds. Well.... gents I present the best street turbo manifolds ever to be strapped to the Toyota/Lexus V8 Who's ready?

Eric
Old 05-11-07, 10:39 AM
VGnomore
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats impressive...I have been Pming all my 1uz friends. Is there a front mount 2-in-1-out intercooler kit,and downpipe coming because that would make me scrap my 2jz-gte.
Old 05-11-07, 11:13 AM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

put a kit together and you guys might have a hit. because of this huge factor i had plans for a supercharger, but now that these are available, my interest in the turbo world has peaked. depending on time and cost, i could let you know when i'd be ready to purchase.
Old 05-11-07, 11:20 AM
c0wboy
Banned

Hi VG,

We left the downpipe and mid piping up to the customer since it will save money on their build, and also allow then to run one bigger single instead of smaller twins if they wish. The system is a modular design that can be built to the owners needs. I have seen that everyone has different tastes in a V8turbo setup. Some like small internal gated, some like small external gated, some like large singles. These manifolds allow the user to custom tailor their car to their own liking, and do it at a reasonable price.

A good 2 into 1 intercooler can be found at BMPC. I have seen their intercoolers first hand and find no fault with them. For the dollar, they are hard to beat. Also a 350z 2 into 1 intercooler would work well

Old 05-11-07, 11:28 AM
c0wboy
Banned

Originally Posted by CleanCL
put a kit together and you guys might have a hit. because of this huge factor i had plans for a supercharger, but now that these are available, my interest in the turbo world has peaked. depending on time and cost, i could let you know when i'd be ready to purchase.

We're interested in releasing a full hit, however the cost is going to be higher. A FULL kit would include

smaller twin turbos,
2 into 1 downpipe,
lines,
dual intakes,
dual filters,
twin manifolds,
dual TIAL wastegates
dual midpipes from turbos to manifolds
ceramic coating or heat wrapping

All of this is we put it out would be in the $7700 area; pretty much on par with the 2jz small twin kits out there. That being said, if there is enough interest, we can get go forward with the complete bolt on kit. It's up to you guys

Eric

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SC400 Turbo Manifolds that keep the AC and PS?